App editor running ridiculously slow

The app editor is seriously slow for me today. Has been all afternoon, but particular bad right now. Takes 10-60 seconds to recognize each click. Anyone else having trouble today?

From time to time (usually after deploying to live) I have to quit and restart my browser to get rid of the slowness.
In activity monitor, it usually says that safari is using 6-8 GB of RAM, which causes it to be unresponsive.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed this same issue intermittently ever since using Bubble. Good to know about the restarting the browser or deploy to live tricks! Also currently just started experiencing extreme lag with workflows on my app maverickpack.com not sure if thatā€™s related though.

Itā€™s the worst in responsive mode, but if you switch to Edge (Microsoft) youā€™ll be much better.

Just thought Iā€™d chip in that restarting Chrome solved it here too.

I have to do that from time to time, but Iā€™ve assumed it was my system, not Bubble. Iā€™ll see if I can get some more info if it happens again (mem usage, etc).

Chrome is the worst for it and yes you need to restart every now and then.

I even hear my fan spin up when it does it as if it runs out of ram. Something in the browser causes it in conjunction with Bubble. I donā€™t think itā€™s Bubble i think itā€™s a script slowing the browser down.

Ah, ok, so itā€™s not just me. It seems to struggle especially when I do testing in responsive mode (but might be related to window resizing in general).

My fan speeds up like crazy too. I figured itā€™s because my Mac is nearing retirement (donā€™t tell her that though, she thinks sheā€™s going strong and Iā€™m not eyeing a younger, fitter one).

Is there a browser thatā€™s considered the ā€œmost compatibleā€ for Bubble development?

Hate to bring this up again, but is anyone lately having more issues with the editor being slow? Especially since this week, even on pages with few elements, the editor seems a lot slower than before.

Iā€™m using FF and usually restart the browser when it hits 3000mb usage, but now its super sluggish at even 2000mb.

Even though I bought this pc in 2012, I still feel the specs should be up to par (i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz / 16GB). Or am I due for an upgrade?

p.s. searched for ā€˜editorā€™ and this was the first topic to come up

I am having similar issues as well.
I use Firefox (up-to-date) on a WIndows 7 (64bit) computer with 32Gb of ram and an i7-4900MQ and I have to restard firefox very often once it reaches about 2.5Gb usageā€¦
I donā€™t think this has anything to do with your computer. I wonder if its not somehow related to Bubble undo history.

While accessing bubble app editor not responding on browser.

Anyone have same issue?