Expanding the height of a repeating group dynamically

This is very cool and important improvement Emmanuel! I will let you know once I test it

I have enabled it on builtonbubble.com and it looks pretty cool. But I noticed one thing - initially it loads 7 records (while there are 3 records per row) and then on scroll it adds another 3 records at a time. Take a look http://builtonbubble.com

1 Like

Youā€™re right, iā€™ll fix that.

A much better interface - thanks. Quick feedback, some already highlighted before:

1. Number of items loaded isnā€™t ideal. My test case loaded 4 items initially, and 3 subsequently at each scroll. This breaks the layout I have. There should be a custom setting for the number of items to load at each load step; or two settings if not overkill - one for initial load, and another for each scrolling step.

2. The controls to do something when the list is ā€˜loadingā€™ donā€™t seem to work. Iā€™d like to show an icon/something when scrolling at the end of the list. The scrolling isnā€™t as smooth in my test case (a bit sticky), but this may be linked to a bigger issue belowā€¦

3. Greatest concern (even with other list options, so not about scrolling per se) is that my queries/filters take very long to load, 10+ seconds. This leads to a really bad user experience when having to wait so long to navigate between or reload pages. The number of items loaded doesnā€™t seem to be a factor (generally loading 3 to 15 items at a time). And Iā€™ve tested a range of queries, from simple (just doing one list search, no filters) to more complex (a couple of filters and sorting a list in one sequence). I notice @levonā€™s example app loads very fast, so that gives me some hope. Iā€™d very grateful to learn about any known best practices for optimising load times for queries on Bubble

1 Like