New Plugin- Fuzzy search and autocorrect, custom search boxes

Yes the smart workaround I figured was to not use the plugin. I may come back to using it when I have a need to increase my capacity which may load the data more quickly, but for now I had to abandon the plugin.

Ok, so back to simple searchbox…
Thats a pity, I loved this plugin!

@ZeroqodeSupport has a free fuzzy search plugin. Same setup / design as this one plus some extra features. I’ve switched over to it and it’s working fine.

2 Likes

Hello @dambusmedia I thought this was working great until I needed to search for something like “1.5-H2 Something”, or something like “.5-whatever.” Without quotes.

How do I set it up to work with text strings like that?

Thanks,
George

Hey @dambusmedia, absolutely amazing plugin. Thank you so much for this.

Is it possible for you to set the “threshold” as dynamic value, so we could use a Slider Input to set it?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Would you be adding support for other languages and characters?

1 Like

Hi all,

I have pushed a (very late) fix for the accents / diacritics issue.

Unfortunately this plugin is very unmaintained, and in dire need of rewriting. I’ve not been in Bubble land for a long while now, is there still no native solution for fuzzy searching?

1 Like

Thanks. Just solve my problems with the Search&AutoCorrect plugin.

Hello @Lucien

Good point! So in terms of privacy, this plugin is not really safe because if the search is for customer data, it will download in the users browser right?

And with vanilla Bubble one, it will search in the server.

So vanilla Bubble search is privacy compliant but this plugin is not.

Can you confirm this is the way it works?

Thanks a lot.

ryanck
Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Yes, here: Problem with ZQ Fuzzy Search and autocomplete - #17 by zeroqode

@boostsalesgroup : I spent 2 hours on the same problem, but I finally got it to work when I stumbled on your advice @dambusmedia (=> Thank you ! ).

I confirm that :

• plugin will NOT work if the input field is initially hidden (via a condition typically), EXCEPT if the plugin element is in the same group as the input field
  • but if that’s the case, it works both in reusable/non-reusable element, and it works well in floating groups as well.
2 Likes

Hello @dambusmedia thank’s a lot for your plugin !!

I use it actually in live with an input box.

Now, for a new use case, I want to use your plugin to build a list of match based on a list of data in my database.
But my result return only the matchs from my first thing of my list. I can’t get it to match one list of thing to another list of things.
Do you have an idea of what i doing wrong ?

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thanks for this plugin.

Is it possible to use it with inputs of an RG? I´ve seen that the “input box ID” is not dynamic and that would be awesome so that we can use it in RG inputs.

Let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Bests.

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Does the plugin support Spanish? I´m having some troubles with it since sometimes it works but sometimes it does not.

I´ve a table with expense categories and another field (text field) that contains the descriptions that the use might introduce in an input so what I want to do is something like:

1. If the user introduces in the input a term like “5 box of strawberries”, then the plugin will have to return the category “groceries”.

But the terms can be in the beginning, in the end, in the middle, etc. so I´m finding that sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work.

Thanks a lot.

Hello, @ryanck
Thanks for reaching out.

Please check below our responses:

Yes, our plugin supports the Spanish language. It should just be configured correctly, both DataBase and all plugins elements).

Please note that input can be used only with static data here :pray:

In order to understand the reason when the plugin is not working within your app, we need to see the settings of each plugin element: input, RG, and the plugin element.
Please share them with us and we will investigate them at the nearest time.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

This may be a basic question but can this plugin be used as a spellchecker (with spelling correction)?

Hello, @phrase9
Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, the Fuzzy Search&Autocorrect is a simple plugin for searching information.
The plugin allows choosing from any data source, searching for not perfect matches accounting for typos and close matches.

The mentioned option is not possible with it :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport

Is it possible to search only for words instead of characters?

I want to search words like “banana” but the full word in a sentence not the characters of the sentence. For example: eat the banana.

How can I configure that in the plug-in?

Thanks a lot.

Hello, @ryanck
Thanks for the question.

Sure thing, it’s possible. Please note that you can set the text by which the search will be carried out or you can use the input value as the search string:

Also, you can use the “Threshold”, at what point does the matching algorithm give up. A threshold of 0.0 requires a perfect match (of both letters and location), a threshold of 1.0 would match anything.

Please check the documentation : https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zq-fuzzy-search-and-autocomplete

In case you will have any plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like