2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

I spoke to Camilo last night, a very nice guy! He said he would look into implementing this extension. I will keep you guys posted.

4 Likes
  1. https://www.jasonbase.com/ - is no longer available
  2. setup is available inside the tools folder, not in the main folder (First post may need a small edit)
  3. Since jasonbase is not there, setup is stuck at URL creation
2 Likes

Hello John, Thanks for the excellent insights on this thread. I have a question, do I need to build my app as a single page app to use this wrapper? Is there any limitation in terms of pages the app can have?

2 Likes

Hello @jibinmanualk

If you have too much information on a single page, it’s gonna be slow, especially with old phones. Plus, Bubble’s gonna start to be slow. I recommend multiple pages if the application is to be complex. Wrapper mode works on a single page as well as multiple pages (no limits).

3 Likes

Hello any new builders :boom:

We are sponsoring a new plugin made with Jasonelle and Bubble to allow building an entire application with only Jasonelle commands. Also, you can use it to build in conjecture with Bubble. It will eventually have all the features offered by the competition and for free. We need your contribution to the project.
Thank you in advance.

link: Fundraising to create a plugin for iOS and Android with Jasonelle

3 Likes

Share your success friends. :partying_face:
This post is now among the top 5. I love the competition. :wink:
We can celebrate being able to build with Bubble an app that works both on the Web, on the Apple Store / Android Play. :boom::boom::boom:

Fundraising still open. A new version is coming soon according to Vini. :pray:
here: Fundraising to create a plugin for iOS and Android with Jasonelle

4 Likes

Hi John,

Do I need the BDK Native plugin in order to get in-app purchases working?

There seems to be a lot going on in with Apple requiring in-app purchases in all apps in their Appstore.

1 Like

Will Apple accept these “wrapped” apps? Has anyone submitted to the App Store ?

1 Like

If it’s just a wrapper, then it’s likely Apple will reject it.
You need to use native functions to justify being a native app instead of just running in the browser.
And yes, lots of other services, even using this very same technology, have successfully submitted apps to the Appstore.

3 Likes

That’s interesting and in line with what I assumed.

I’m wondering what that would look like. Part native native and part wrapped app?

Hello @jared.gibb

I know my post is long, but you will have almost all your answers if you only read my writing under @JohnMark. Like you said, part native part wrapped. If well optimised, no one will see the difference (almost) :wink:

Hello @bas1

You have to read the documentation of Jasonelle to implemant in-app
or ask here : talk directly. I prefered to use my own payment server (Stripe) for my products outside the app.

3 Likes

If I follow these steps and then install the BDK Plugin on the bubble, will I be able to use native functions?

Hello @douglasatina

BDK simplified the use of native functions by creating a plugin with the Jasonelle engine. If you want to save money, you can do it all with Jasonelle. It is a question of budget at this time. It is up to you to choose what you need.

Another thing is when using Jasonelle you are completely independent from any other plugin. A new plugin is being developed to use Jasonelle as a whole. See above to participate financially.

1 Like

I am not able to use it as of now, and I have spent lot of hours, not just 10 minutes.

In Android Studio, I am using emulator to test the app. But the app is just stuck in loading screen kind of things. Looks like this.
loading-j

How to fix this?

And Xcode is just not installing on my machine. I know you can’t possibly do anything about that. But these are the nuisances that are there with all these integration stuff and I just wanted to rant about it.

Hello @mghatiya ,

I understand that it can be difficult the first time to get used to the solution. If you take the time to read the post, you’ll see that you don’t skip any steps. The problem you indicated is well known and can be easily solved. I don’t know if it’s your version of Android that’s not compatible or just accessing your file (or API) that’s unread. You can also get support from Jasonelle on Telegram (see above).

1 Like

Hello @JohnMark,
Your solution seems to be pretty easy but can we post our app on stores ? And do we have access to native app features ?

Cordially,

1 Like

Hello @seeyu.pro

Watching your app running on your iPhone takes 10 minutes. To publish on Apple and Google_Play it takes a few minutes and sometimes a few hours the first time. Apple is the toughest on ‘wrappers’. You must therefore use minimal native functions to be sure that your application looks like an application, and not a web page. On the other hand, if everything looks like an application, Apple lets you pass.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer !
And how do we do to have native apps features ?

2 Likes

The answer is inside this post. You can use almost any native function with Jasonelle. See Jasonelle’s site and all functions.

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark

Thank you for your job.

I have a dumb problem, when downloading Jasonelle zips, I don’t have any “Setup” file. Is this normal ?

Thank you,