Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 2021 🔷

Hi, the part where you state open the master.zip, is that the downloaded file from github, and using Xcode to open ?

Finally manage to find the file you mention, but does not open.

Is this still working, I think your title need change. For new person took me 3 hours to try and understand your post

Manage to reach here, but won’t start, also can’t connect to phone, op direction outdated needs update

Hi @info_ptmx

Read the post carefully. I know it’s long now. You must have Xcode ver. 10.2 no higher.

Direct message me (DM) or use Jasonelle forum on Stack.

You mean only 10.2 higher vision don’t work ?

1 Like

Fundraising to build a Jasonelle plugin. We need your participation :slight_smile:

Fundraising to create a plugin for iOS and Android with Jasonelle

4 Likes

Hey @JohnMark
Can’t find the setup file :frowning:

1 Like

Hello @kodjima33

Links are in the first post: “click here”

Look for Fundraising to create a plugin for Jasonelle

Mark, there is no such setup file in the downloadable package nor for IOS, neither for android

2 Likes

I found one in \tools\legacy. Legacy feels like depreciated?

1 Like

I have my app running in the Jasonelle wrapper, easy peasy. Thanks John. Considering this example with audio recording - how does one integrate native functions like the camera? How do you start the camera and how do you get the picture taken back to the Bubble app?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, John,

This looks very promising! I was just thinking of trying this out and try to build an android app, but when downloading the latest zip from GitHub I can’t find the “Setup” that’s mentioned.

When looking at the other command files and their command line syntaxes it seems that i’m unable to find the correct one to create a new App and start tehe Android studio directly.

What am I missing? (probably something very silly…)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @bas1

build.gradle is the file. Open Studio and open “build.gradle”

Fundraising to build a Jasonelle plugin. We need your participation :slight_smile: : Week 3

Fundraising to create a plugin for iOS and Android with Jasonelle

Any questions?

1 Like

Hello @JohnMark,

Forgive me for my ignorance but I’m almost ashamed to say I’m struggling with jasonelle. At STEP 3 I try to create my JSON URL it sends me to a website www.jasonbase.com that is asking me to make an offer on that domain.com. Am i missing something.

Hi @dmerriman

Jasonbase.com owner didn’t renew sadly, it was the jasonelle creator who died 2 years ago. Install first the “demo app” to see if everything is working fine (selection 1).

@JohnMark

I would like to follow your advice, so build with Bubble and then use it in combination with Jasonelle to launch on the App stores. So I would really want my Bubble output to be a downloadable app, not just a web app visible on a mobile phone.

Is it an absolute must to tick the box “index>appearance>this page is a native app” in this case, or can I also follow your instructions leaving this box unticked?

Thanks a lot for your post and looking forward to your response!

1 Like

Hi @jrscholman

It’s exactly that.

Yes, unchecked.

1 Like

Thanks @JohnMark ! That is such a relief since building it in native app mode is a bit more difficult…

1 Like

@JohnMark Thank you for all this amazing work!

Step 1 is linked to this GitHub repo: https://github.com/jasonelle/jasonette-ios but there is no setup file under JASONETTE-iOS-master anymore… however, I have found a setup file under tools>legacy should I be using this one?

or

According to post #259 there seems to be another repo that also fits your instructions since there is a setup file in the root folder: https://github.com/Jasonette/JASONETTE-iOS

Which repo should I be using?

If you’re able to, it may be worth updating post #1 to reflect the solution.