2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

thanks, @JohnMark. Any idea how I could link the apple StoreKit subscription back to the bubble back end, i.e. to check in bubble if a user is subscribed in apple or not?

@d9999 Everything to connect is there (API)

my app stuck on this loading screen . why that happen ?

Hi @isuru.anushka1

This means it cannot read your json file correctly, or your file has been modified and contains an error in the script. How did it happen? To fix the situation, try a very simple script and see if it works. It is also possible that the https link in your script is not accessible by jasonelle, blocked by cloudflare or other filters like a Chrome anti-spam plugin. Try also on another machine. PM after to let me know or if itā€™s still not working.

Hello,
Has anyone every had the below problem when trying to activate Jasonelle on android. Iā€™m getting this again and again following the process.

Small - but Error while launching activity

Iā€™m fixing my own error here, but this occurs on xiaomi / mi or other devices that have a ā€˜second spaceā€™ feature or second partition of an OS. Whereby Jasonelle is deleted from one space, it is still on the phone. It must be deleted from ā€˜second spaceā€™ as well until can be reinstalled on the device.

1 Like

Hi Mark, and Hi all other Jasonelle freaks, Today I got an answer from the great Apple God and it sounds like this: ā€œGuideline 4.8 - Design - Sign in with Apple We noticed that your app uses a third-party login service but does not offer Sign in with Apple.ā€ - And Apple did decline the listing of the App because of this,

Hi @meinharttv

Is it possible to integrate Apple login into your solution only when an Apple ā€˜deviceā€™ is detected? You should ask the question on Jasonelleā€™s forum to know the procedure to take in this new change and possibly share your discoveries. I will continue to dig. Can you also describe which third-party login service you are using? PM if it starts to be complicated.

1 Like

Anyone figured out whats the best way to return data from the jasonelle webcontainer to bubble? eg when calling a jasonelle function from a bubble workflow (eg using js toolbox plugin)? As i understand agent.trigger cant handle return valuesā€¦

Hi @d9999

I recommend reading the entire post, it takes 30 min now :sweat_smile:
I will someday gather all the data, but I hope Bubble will integrate a native wrapper this year, so we can stop using jasonelle.

Return data from jasonelle to bubble (agent.trigger)

2 Likes

Thanks, @JohnMark, saw that. What i struggle with though is to return a value back to bubble after calling the jasonelle function, from jasonelle. What im trying to do is to call a jasonelle extension function i wrote in swift to check if a user has a subscription (apple) and the return a yes or no to the bubble instance (preferably into the workflow that called the jasonelle function) in order to show or hide certain elementsā€¦
Or did i miss something in the post above?

Trying to build an easy framework to implement in-app purchases where most of the logic is directly in bubbleā€¦ will share with the community once its workingā€¦

1 Like

As I understand, you need to pass a simple value. Here the info to use $set and $get. I didnā€™t do it, but it must work. Ask the question in the jasonelle forum if it can help link: Jasonelle forum.

link: Actions (get, set, global variable)
link: Examples

1 Like

Celebration today with more than 10,000 views for Jasonelle post! :balloon: :birthday:

We really need an internal Bubble easy plugin wrapper. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Mark, ok, Apple is one topic, Android works so great - BUT as I said earlier, the mf uploader doesnt work for photos, I tested today the uploader from Zeroquode, doesnt work too. it appears all int the app visually, but it doesnt react in entering an upload processā€¦both. So I think it is something in the Android Studio configs I had done, do you have tips where to look in Studio when I do the next round of mobilization for Android, giving it another try?

1 Like

Hi @meinharttv Alex

Just check with my Android and yes, isnā€™t workingā€¦ Apple works. To be continueā€¦
Probably a permission settings in Android Studioā€¦

public static final String STORAGE = ā€œandroid.permission-group.STORAGEā€

Note: In some cases, the permissions that you request through <uses-permission> can affect how your application is filtered by Google Play.

1 Like

@JohnMark this Jasonelle approach is fascinating. I may have some questions & am willing to pay you for consulting time. Iā€™m a 15 year developer so we can get technical. Are you open to a chat? If so, whatā€™s the best way to contact you. Can users private message each other on this forum? Iā€™m kinda new here.

Hi @stu

I donā€™t take money to help people, this is my way of giving my time. :slight_smile: You can ask in private PM and sometimes I share the Q & A. In this post we try to give all the advice to facilitate the integration of jasonelle.

How to start:
One of the most common questions is how to start your project properly. If you want to build an app AND a website under the same roof, I suggest building your template in a reduced size (375x667) and tailoring it for large pages. This technique saves time also in the Bubble editor since you donā€™t spend your time moving the black box (edit object) when you have a smaller screen.

If you plan to use special native functions (address book, audio recorder, gps,ā€¦) make sure they work before you start in jasonelle.

Also, welcome to Bubble.

4 Likes

Great & thank you @JohnMark!

1 Like

About push notifications. Maybe been covered. If so please point me in right direction. I found this microservice https://github.com/Jasonette/micropush/blob/master/README.md for server-side piece whatā€™s the best way to implement the other side of this in Jasonelle?

Quick question, how do I change the status bar and background color in mobile app? The white space above my application is not looking good. I have tried multiple things but havenā€™t seem to have any luck.

Thanks !