2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

Hi @campbell

Thatā€™s why I designed my app with a white background. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a method. Maybe ask in the Jasonelle forum?

Hi John! I did the exact same thing! (use a white background)

The only drawback is that in iOS (not sure about Android), if your phone is in ā€œlow powerā€ mode the inside of the battery meter icon turns yellow and then red as the battery drains. Therefore you can see just the spec of yellow or red at the top of the app screen. Itā€™s unfortunateā€¦

Thanks for all your posts!

1 Like

[Question: How to build from Bubble to real machine]
I found this way to replace apps created with Bubble with native apps!
2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

And when I ran it with Appleā€™s XCode, it was able to run in a virtual space (emulator) on a Mac. Next, I challenged to build the app on my iPhone, but it didnā€™t work and started up without any error message, and remained a blank white screen. If you know any solution, please let me know!

Screen Recording 2020-03-03 at 22.23.06.mov

it mobile recordā€¦.not work
MOBILEWhiteScreen.mp4

Hello @takagishunsuke1129

Sometimes a blank page indicates that a value is not returned. Try to re-install jasonelle iOS if something has been broken.

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has been successful in having a user always logged in when using Jasonelle and bubble? Currently have to login every time I use it.

Iā€™ve been trying to get around the 24 hour limit given by bubble by some other means on other topics but Iā€™ve been unsuccessful to get this to work properly.

Thanks

Hello @worthaz

You can force the ā€˜Loginā€™ action in conjunction with the ā€˜browser storageā€™ plugin with encrypted data and compare the IP address. I do not know why you get a logout after 24h, maybe in the hobby plan?

Thanks JM.

Iā€™ve made a simple change on loading the index page and added a go to page action when the current user is signed in. So simple, but I didnā€™t see it. Iā€™ll check on the 24 hour part at my end - I thought this was standard bubble behaviour.

Iā€™ve added sign-out capability in my menu and Iā€™ll check the browser storage plugin also.

thanks

1 Like

Great article about in-app purchases from BDK @gaurav :

understanding in app purchases

1 Like

takagishunsuke1129, thanks for sharing that.

Thanks,
I was just wondering for the help and I found it in this thread. I know there is some draw using iOS apps as many of them would not be compatible with that on MAC, Windows or Android. So certainly, we need to look for the options in the different iOS emulators where you can run them.

1 Like

hi All,

Hope everyone is safe, considering what is happening :frowning:

Iā€™ve gone through this thread and Iā€™m a bit stuck as it seems versions have moved on since the original guide.

Iā€™ve downloaded Android Studio, Imported the project. Which now includes Gradle so canā€™t follow the instructions on this thread. Iā€™ve built the gradle projectā€¦

But what do I do next?

1 Like

Johnmark,

Great info! Iā€™m trying to follow your steps to create an ios app with xcode, and mac os. But iā€™m getting the below errors. Also xcode is not opening. Any ideas what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Thanks!

3. Continue working on the existing app

Select 1, 2, or 3 and press enter: (1) 2

[NAME] App name: Testapp

[NAME] HOME JSON URL if you have one: (or press Enter to create one):https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1586220873680x565821646842519900/index.json

/Users/1/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/tools/legacy/Setup: line 24: app/Jasonette/settings.plist: No such file or directory

/Users/1/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/tools/legacy/Setup: line 49: app/Jasonette/Info.plist: No such file or directory

sed: app/Jasonette.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj: No such file or directory

[ICON] Add a PNG or JPG image to the ā€˜iconā€™ folder and press Enterā€¦

*** URL Scheme: Jecad9d3da1f3fee8c81379d68db73e3ccdc30b93://**

*** OAuth redirect uri: Jecad9d3da1f3fee8c81379d68db73e3ccdc30b93://oauth**

Opening XCode workspace. Please waitā€¦

The file /Users/jon/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/tools/legacy/app/Jasonette.xcworkspace does not exist.

logout

Saving sessionā€¦

ā€¦copying shared historyā€¦

ā€¦saving historyā€¦truncating history filesā€¦

ā€¦completed.

2 Likes

Hi @usermix

Make sure you use the official Xcode (10.2) supported, and choose option 1 as I described it.

Thanks @JohnMark ! I did install xcode 10.2, and used option 1. Still getting this error. Any ideas? Should I import files into the folder?

WELCOME TO JASONETTE!

1. Try the demo app (Recommended if youā€™re new)

2. Create a new app

3. Continue working on the existing app

Select 1, 2, or 3 and press enter: (1) 1

/Users/1/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/tools/legacy/Setup: line 24: app/Jasonette/settings.plist: No such file or directory

sed: app/Jasonette.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj: No such file or directory

You can view the JSON for the included demo app at:

Opening XCode workspace. Please waitā€¦

The file /Users/1/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/tools/legacy/app/Jasonette.xcworkspace does not exist.

logout

Saving sessionā€¦

ā€¦copying shared historyā€¦

ā€¦saving historyā€¦truncating history filesā€¦

ā€¦completed.

[Process completed]

Hi @usermix

At this point I will recommend asking in jasonelleā€™s forum and come back here with the solution.

Hello @usermix ! I have the same issueā€¦ did you solve it?

@contactcerso not yet, will advise once i do.

1 Like

@contactcerso use this version of jasonette

the main site

scroll down to download: the lastest release. click the blue link. once you unzip this one, you can click the main setup and the window opens xcode automatically. no error anymore!

Here is the download link:
latest version

So unzip, click setup. Make sure you already have xcode installed and the index.json file on your desktop. Open bubble.io and you have to be on a paid version in order for the index.json to be uploaded. click settings and at the bottom you upload it to a file in the root directory and then click see. copy/paste that url.

run setup for jasonette ios and click option 2. when it asks for your url, paste the one you copied and it should open xcode automatically.

close the setup terminal, open a new version of terminal, and type: sudo DevToolsSecurity -enable
hit enter

then go back to xcode (iā€™m on 10.2) and hit play in the top left. it takes about 5 mins but it will open the app!

@JohnMark i solved it as per the above notes. how do i publish this bubble app to the app store, or can i sideload apks like in android?
also, how do i save the edits on the app do i just save in bubble and it will automatically be displayed in the app?

3 Likes

Hi @usermix

You have to open an programmer account at Apple, and then use Xcode to send the information to your account, as explained earlier in this post. Once the app is in the store, any changes made in Bubble automatically appear in the app. Interesting advantage! :slight_smile: