2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Hi Everyone, John,

This looks very promising! I was just thinking of trying this out and try to build an android app, but when downloading the latest zip from GitHub I can’t find the “Setup” that’s mentioned.

When looking at the other command files and their command line syntaxes it seems that i’m unable to find the correct one to create a new App and start tehe Android studio directly.

What am I missing? (probably something very silly…)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @bas1

build.gradle is the file. Open Studio and open “build.gradle”

Hello @JohnMark,

Forgive me for my ignorance but I’m almost ashamed to say I’m struggling with jasonelle. At STEP 3 I try to create my JSON URL it sends me to a website www.jasonbase.com that is asking me to make an offer on that domain.com. Am i missing something.

Hi @dmerriman

Jasonbase.com owner didn’t renew sadly, it was the jasonelle creator who died 2 years ago. Install first the “demo app” to see if everything is working fine (selection 1).

@JohnMark

I would like to follow your advice, so build with Bubble and then use it in combination with Jasonelle to launch on the App stores. So I would really want my Bubble output to be a downloadable app, not just a web app visible on a mobile phone.

Is it an absolute must to tick the box “index>appearance>this page is a native app” in this case, or can I also follow your instructions leaving this box unticked?

Thanks a lot for your post and looking forward to your response!

1 Like

Hi @jrscholman

It’s exactly that.

Yes, unchecked.

1 Like

Thanks @JohnMark ! That is such a relief since building it in native app mode is a bit more difficult…

1 Like

@JohnMark Thank you for all this amazing work!

Step 1 is linked to this GitHub repo: https://github.com/jasonelle/jasonette-ios but there is no setup file under JASONETTE-iOS-master anymore… however, I have found a setup file under tools>legacy should I be using this one?

or

According to post #259 there seems to be another repo that also fits your instructions since there is a setup file in the root folder: https://github.com/Jasonette/JASONETTE-iOS

Which repo should I be using?

If you’re able to, it may be worth updating post #1 to reflect the solution.

Hi Everyone,

We reach the number! :partying_face:
We found the plugin developer.
More to come in a few hours or days :slight_smile:

It’s time to receive your advice, comments, suggestions or anything.
Let’s make it happen.

3 Likes

Link : Fundraising-to-create-a-plugin-for-ios-and-android

Hello everyone! We found a plugin developer and pushed the barrier much higher. The concept is that you will be able to develop an iOS or Android application completely independent of Bubble or integrated with Bubble. It’s a first. The genius of the idea is Vini who has produced several plugins in the past. I’ll let him answer your questions. Here is the procedure for sending your donation (a bit complicated in my opinion, but it does the job :slight_smile: ). Vini @vini_brito spent a lot of time building a follow-up with donors. Here are the steps to make your 50$ donation. I’m going to ask you one by one to accomplish our mission.

4 Likes

Fundraising in progress… please we need your contribution. Let’s go!

Thanks for all actual donors! Together we are stronger.

Hello! These instructions are written directly by me, Vini, the plugin builder :slight_smile:

1 - Go to https://unlimitedbubbling.dev
2 - Click the orange “Get started” button.
3 - Sign in.
4 - Open the menu and click the “Open plugins” to see the open plugins section.
5 - In the plugin currently named “Native app conjurer” (accepting suggestions!) click the yellow button “Offer to sponsor this plugin available!”.
6 - If you’re interested, click the yellow button “Yes, this is what I want, email me an invoice”.
7 - Go to your email and see the Paypal invoice that was immediately, automatically sent to you, check spam folder if the Paypal email landed there and if it’s a gmail, check other inbox tabs (promotions, updates etc).
8 - Click the link and pay the invoice in the Paypal page.
9 - Tap yourself in the back :wave: for me since we’re far away and you deserve it for participating in a group effort.
10 - Sit back, relax and wait for updates on the plugin :wink: they will be proactively emailed to you

3 Likes

Hey John!

Is a single-page app necessary in order for Jasonelle to work? I’ve got my eye on a specific template that I want to use but it’s not a one page app unfortunately.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @bas1

Absolutely not! the advantage of a single page is the transition speed. The disadvantage under Bubble is that it gets too heavy sometimes if the application is too complex. I’ve moved from one page to several pages in the past. Happy result.

4 Likes

News from Vini:

3 Likes

Are you still short John? Are you still raising?

Yep, we’re still raising (:
Still not enough, currently we only got enough for an alpha.

@JohnMark Hi, John, I am new to Jasonette and still trying to create my first app. I downloaded the executible files for Android but can’t seem to file the ‘Setup’ icon according to the attached image. Where could it be possibly? Thank you very much! bubble .

What’s the goal and where are you guys at?

2 Likes

40, we’re at ~16, there are more details here:

Hi,

Can you repost the solution here? the Slack Channel does not seem to be active