2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

Hi JohnMark,
We are at the final stages of developing our native app (and wanting to use BDK to wrap) but running into a few problems:

1. Native Datepicker for iOS 14 not working is there a good solution to fix this?
  2. Problem taking a picture and saving it in Android
  3. finding a good rating review API/plug in
    Any ideas/direction appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hello @geraldrossen

Using Jasonelle is free and independent but I invited you to use BDK (+200$). Canā€™t help with the datepicker as I use Bubble inside my iOS app. Picture must work. For more help under Android go to Telegram/Jasonelle. Didnā€™t catch your question 3. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is v11.6 okay? (instead of 12.2/3)

Hello @TTMulti

Hi @JohnMark
Thank you so much!
My apologies for my continuous questions, Iā€™m pretty new to this all.

So I donā€™t have any options to create a ā€˜Endpointā€™, also no ā€™ Return data from API action to configure the json fileā€¦

Do you know how why and how I solve thisā€¦ :frowning:?

2 Likes

Taking it on :sunglasses:

1 Like

@maksym.kurinniy Congrats! Jasonelle is a great product and wisely designed! :partying_face:
Let me know if I can do something.

@TTMulti BackEnd workflows available from Personal Bubble account (and up).

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark

first of all, thank you for this! I am going to try it! Is this ā€˜wrapperā€™ still working?

So Iā€™ve created my ā€™ return data from apiā€™ workflow as you said it is a better/new solution for the json file. But what do I now fill in in the setup file?
(ā€˜Enter the Json URL if you have oneā€™) , I have created the return API endpoint but I donā€™t know what to fill in on the setup. I am a complete rookie and just trying this for the first time. Do I skip the whole setup file? hahaā€¦

Also, 2: I am getting the ā€™ No such file in directory for the following, but I think it might be because i am not filling in the ā€˜Home Json Urlā€™ correctly?

/Users/Smala/Downloads/jasonette-ios-master 2/tools/legacy/Setup: line 24: app/Jasonette/settings.plist: No such file or directory

/Users/Smala/Downloads/jasonette-ios-master 2/tools/legacy/Setup: line 49: app/Jasonette/Info.plist: No such file or directory

sed: app/Jasonette.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj: No such file or directory

[ICON] Add a PNG or JPG image to the ā€˜iconā€™ folder and press Enterā€¦

Also, 3: not sure where the ā€˜iconā€™ folder isā€¦ (Yes I have really downloaded the master zip :smiley: .)

Hopefully you can help me out a little bit. Looking forward to trying this!

-Smala

(my url there:D)

1 Like

JohnMark,

Thanks for your feedback on datepicker and camera.
Looking for users to leave rating & reviews on a marketplace app we are building. The rating/review API we are working with now defaults to 1 star if none is specified which is not good. Was wondering if you were familiar with a good rating/review API plug in.

Hope this is more clear.

Welcome your thoughts.

1 Like

Hello @Smala3108, yes jasonelle ā€˜app and wrapperā€™ is working. Use version 10 of Xcode.

Inside Xcode you put the URL from your Bubble API you just created.
Please see example somewhere at the beginning of this post.

• https://name_of_your_bubble_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle

If you set you API in manuel mode, you have to do this the first time:

• https://name_of_your_bubble_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle/initialize

Donā€™t forget to remove the ā€˜version-testā€™ when you push LIVE your app. Not easy, I know :sweat_smile:

Icon is configured inside Xcode and Studio (Android).

Hello @geraldrossen
Thereā€™s a plugin name rating.

@JohnMark So does that mean I skip the setup file (like instructed at the start of this thread?)

When I run the setup, I get the 'no such file in directory issue.

When I skip the setup and start up the Jasonette.xcodeproj, I change the settings.plist URL input to the webhook for my url `https://name_of_your_bubble_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle > *https://hook.integromat.com/j5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The webhook I created in integromat as you explained. When I run the xcode project I get build failedā€¦ with these errorā€™s, red marks most concerning. I have no idea how to fix it :frowning:

What am I doing wrong? I have not changed/moved anything in the master.zip

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark,

Can it be that the mapping is not correct in the master ios zip?

I am also getting 'SDWebImage/UIImageView+WebCache.h' file not found when opening the xcode project, and even before changing anything (using file://hello.json) before changing this to my * https://myapp.com/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle

How can I fix this? I tried moving files to the mapping it says itā€™s looking for but then another pops up and so on.

1 Like

Hi @Smala3108 and @TTMulti

Are you using the version 10 of Xcode ? The first step is to be sure it is working with the original Jasonelle setup and example. Once you get there, you replace things. If not, I will suggest to post your technical question to the Jasonelle forum on Telegram. Let me know howā€™s going.

Hi @JohnMark

Iā€™m getting the errorā€™s directly on launch with the jasonelle example setup. I will post in the telegram forum. Hopefully you can help me out there!

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Bubblers - weā€™ll be live streaming these steps on Twitch if anyone is interested in seeing it happen live. Weā€™ll cover Android Studio this week (stream details here). Weā€™re going to answer questions and troubleshoot any issues youā€™ve come across.

4 Likes

Hello @Jon_Melo and Welcome to Bubble.

A great initiative. Will the video be available afterwards? If so, you can put it in this post eventually.
I assume youā€™re not new to Bubble.

1 Like

@JohnMark Sure thing! Iā€™ll be sure to circle back with the links.

Weā€™re going to stream weekly with similar content on Bubble and No Code in general. Weā€™re starting with the mobile native wrappers because it seems like a hot topic that benefits all Bubble developers. Thanks again for starting a great topic!

1 Like

As promised, you can find the recorded steps to make your Bubble application mobile native (for Android) here.
You can find the referenced links in the video here.

Weā€™ll be streaming similar content every Wednesday at 7pm EST on Twitch.

2 Likes

:fire: Hello everyone, have you realized once you compile your jasonelle project, you do not need to update on Apple and Google Store? I havenā€™t compiled in the last 6 months! All updates is done from Bubble. Amazing power. :fire:

Like it if you agreed. :smiley:

6 Likes

Question: " Can i do a downloadable web application in bubble? like put a link in the browser and get redirected to download my app created with bubble. "

I havenā€™t tried it yet, but there is a way to compile your app with Xcode and make it accessible on your Bubble site with the appropriate link and install it on your phone. Iā€™m not sure if Apple still allows it. We will have to look a little. Otherwise the other alternative is to go through the traditional method with :arrow_right: Jasonelle :arrow_left:, compile in Xcode and then send the application to Apple Store (same process with Google Play Store). Welcome to Bubble. :partying_face:

If anyone? Look here too Application stores list

1 Like