2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

Yes Xcode for IOS apps and Android Studio for Android (Apk) Apps

Hello @akiempaul

You have answered an old post (July 2019). Welcome to Bubble.

1 Like

Yes, I love this feature! We make updates on our app all the time without having to resubmit to Google Play and Apple. I think this is a major advantage that ā€œnative app over HTTPā€ has over traditional mobile app dev. Iā€™m pretty sure they have to resubmit new versions when they make changes.

2 Likes

Not sure that I fully understand the original question but I think itā€™s ā€œCan you download a desktop version of your Bubble application through a link?ā€

It seems like it could be accomplished using this method - Convert Bubble App to Windows/Linux/Mac/Chrome application or Chrome pop-up Plugin

I havenā€™t tried it myself but Iā€™m interested in hearing from someone who has done this.

1 Like

Related topic - I keep hearing people say that mobile native Bubble apps need to be single page. One of my Bubble apps is multi-page and it works just fine in iOS and Android devices.

Has anyone else heard this myth?

1 Like

I know he disappeared, is his death confirmed? to my knowledge also nobody knew his identity

Hello @natserrano

Jasonelle was built by someone who made the mistake of remaining anonymous. He left suddenly for no reason without a trace or a message. Ethan (his nickname) built a nice idea and gave it to the people (open source). Well done at least for this initiative.

2 Likes

Happy Holidays all mobile builder fans and
thank you for your support during this very special year! :fire:

I wish you to have a good time with your loved ones. :partying_face:

6 Likes

Hello bubblers,

Could you please share with those of us who are facing the issue shown below

which Gradle and Android studio version have you used to sync and build the Jasonelle file?
Here is mine

I suppose that they both should be down- or up-graded in order to fix the mantioned issue, occurring in Android Studio 4.1.1
Please share, if you have another solution.

Hello @hiphopf

You must contact Jasonelle forum https://t.me/jasonelle
Last time I compiled was months ago. Let us know.

Almost Happy New Year everyone! :partying_face:

Happy and better new year :partying_face:

2 Likes

For this error:
ā€¦ app\build\intermediates\symbols\debug\R.txtā€™: The data iā€¦

I found the solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54588916/r-txt-the-data-is-invalid-13

Disabling the antivirus (AVG in my case) resolved this issue.

1 Like

Dear @JohnMark,
Thanks for all the great info and ongoing discussion.I have been looking at the forum and am unable to figure out if the following functionality can be enabled using Jasonelle.

Sharing info from another app to our native app. For example, currently I can share the URL from my mobile browser or a video link from YouTube to Whatsapp. I want our app to be like Whatsapp in the example. Can this functionality be achieved using Jasonelle?

Akhil

1 Like

Hello @akiempaul

What is the process for copying a URL (from Bubble to your app) and passing it to another iOS / Android app? If I understand your question correctly, you should use the ā€˜clipboardā€™ with the ā€˜Air Copy to Clipboardā€™ plugin. To pass a parameter from Bubble to your Native application, you have to look at my example (above). On the other hand, to start another application by sending the desired URL, you would have to ask Jasonelleā€™s experts on their Telegram (above). I tend to say that it is very possible with Jasonelle.

If you have the answer, share it. Happy New Year too.

1 Like

anyone ever figured out how to change the status bar color in iOS? The problem seems to be that the status bar itself has no background if the app is not scrolled:

I would like to give the top (status bar) and bottom a colorā€¦ i think that has something to do with the background color of the viewcontroller, but not sure how to change this in objcā€¦

Dear @JohnMark,
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I explained myself clearly. Let me try to demonstrate with a screenshot. Letā€™s say I am on any URL in my mobile browser

Now clicking on the overflow option in the top opens the below menu which has a share option:

When I click on the share option, a bunch of apps- like whatsapp, twitter, pocket etc are shown which I can share the URL to:

I want our Bubble app to show up here too like whatsapp, pocket, twitter etc. Would that be possible?

Regards
Akhil

2 Likes

I think this might have to do with your SEO settings and site description. Add a site description in the editor und upload a logo in the settings

1 Like

Hi all.
Iā€™ve followed the steps set out in this thread and my wesbsite has been sucesfully wrapped and accepted onto the PlayStore!
All works great, except the photo upaloader doesnā€™t workā€¦
Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Iā€™d be very grateful!
Thanks

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out a way to use the vision function already? Trying to implement a QR-Code Scanner but cannot find a way to trigger the action and pull the data into Bubbleā€¦

1 Like

I am stuck here. Can anyone help?