2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Hello @arye

There’s no setup file, but instead, open file from Xcode. I will recommend to contact Jasonelle FORUM here for more info.

Okay thanks.

1 Like

Hello @JohnMark thank you brother! I got it working on Android now.

I’ve searched through the thread now on the subject of push notifications, and see signs that it’s doable. Have you found a simple solution for push notifications that will work on iOS and Android?

1 Like

Hello @arye

I didn’t used notification at the moment but it’s 100% doable. Many ways to do it. Under Jasonelle directly or using a third party like the plugin OneSignal notification. Check also all Bubble plugins under “push”. Ask also the question on Jasonelle forum (above).

BDK will submit the App on your behalf. They will use their own dev account.

However, if you get big, it’s always better to open your own (company’s) dev account and release the app under that banner for a more professional touch.

1 Like

Did anyone ever figure out how to get plugins like uploaders to work once wrapped using jasonelle?

1 Like

HI,

I am able to convert my bubble app url to Android App using static JSON file , However i have few questions…?

1. How to use/invoke phonebook plugin.?
  2. How to lock screen orientation in Android Studio …?
  3. How to change the color of Action Bar in Android Studio…?

Thanks
Arjun
@JohnMark Help me in this.

1 Like

i recommend pushsafer.com – it requires your users install their app, but it works for both iphone and android. api is simple enough to use. u can purchase a 1,000 push notifications / api calls for $1

2 Likes

Hi Eliott,

I’m experiencing what seems to be the same issue when archiving.

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Much appreciated,
Andrew

Hello @arjun.r

All your questions can be asked on Jasonelle forum. Access phonebook from Jasonelle to Bubble, screen lock orientation and colour change are part of Jasonelle engine.

Thanks Jon. I went ahead and wrote some notes as I had to watch the video a few times to get it all down. The mistake I kept making is that I started my app name with a number, and this is not allowed: <manifest>  |  Android Developers

A full Java-language-style package name for the Android app. The name may contain uppercase or lowercase letters (‘A’ through ‘Z’), numbers, and underscores (‘_’). However, individual package name parts may only start with letters.

I then kept running into errors where my app name was already in use when I removed the numbers, so I took the numbers and appended them to my app name instead of prepending them, and voila it worked!

Android deployment:

1. Go to jasonelle.com
  2. Download and unzip jasonette-android.zip
  3. Suggested unzip to — to c:\androidStudio\projects\jasonette-android-master
  4. Copy c:\androidStudio\projects\jasonette-android-master to c:\androidStudio\projects<app/project name>
  5. There should now be a folder c:\androidStudio\projects<app/project name>jasonette-android-master
  6. Open android studio
    1. File —> New —> Import Project
    2. Select :android icon:jasonette-android-master [ok]
    3. Install any recommended Plugin Update
    4. Search: settings.gradle
    5. Change 1 include ‘:app’ to include ‘:’
    6. DO NOT SYNC
    7. Right click on app folder under jasonette-android-master
      1. Refactor —> Rename + F6 —> Rename directory
      2. Type in MUST NOT START WITH A NUMBER
      3. Select Android from drop down menu
      4. Select Sync Now
    8. Search: strings.xml
      1. Change Jasonette to
    9. Rename file://hello.json to https://.com/index.json
      1. index.json: { “$jason”: { “body”: { “background”: { “type”: “html”,
    10. Search: manifest and open AndroidManifest.xml \src\main
      1. Delete android:maxSdkVersion=“22”
    11. Search: build.gradle Select build.gradle
      1. Change compileSdkVersion to 29
      2. Change buildToolsVersion to ’29.0.2’
      3. Change targetSdkVersion to 29
      4. Change applicationId "com.<appname>”
      5. Sync Now
    12. Update icons: MacKenzie Software
      13 Generate signed bundle, upload to Google Play for business | Launch & monetize your apps | Google Play Console
      14 Add privacy policy here: https://play.google.com/console/app/app-content/summary

These are my rough notes, but I figure as I submit more and more apps, this workflow will be perfected. I also had some issues with signing the bundle. I lucked out as I was able to find the initial keys I used. I think the main challenge with all this, is that we’ve spent so much time building our apps, and it’s exhausting to jump through (what feel like) hoops and hurdles to finish that final lap of play store submission.

My last hurdle is setting a privacy policy, or eliminating the need for it since I don’t access any phone data, but I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Funny thing I submitted an app perhaps a year ago but forgot to take notes. Figure the third time “will be a charm.”

Xcode deployment notes — ROUGH — reply with edits/improvements:

Xcode deployment

1. Install Xcode from App Store

2. Create Xcode Projects folder

3. Download jasonelle Releases · jasonelle/jasonelle · GitHub

4. Unzip to Xcode Projects folder

5. Copy jasonette-ios-master into projects folder

6. Select “Open a project or file” from launch window then select project folder\jasonette-ios-master\Xcode\Jasonette.xcworkspace

7. Select Jasonette, Open your Xcode project, choose your project from the left side and then on the right side, under the Identity and Type, change the Name to your new project name and press Enter.

8. Set Team name

9. Bundle Identifier com.your-app-name

10. Edit Config → Info.plist → Bundle name

11. Go to —> App —> settings.plist double click file://hello.json change to https://.com/index.json

12. Go to YourAppName —> Config —> Info.plist

13. Change bundle name to app name

14. Use http://easyappicon.com/ to make icon

15. Add icons to /Xcode Projects/740bSecure/jasonette-ios-master/xcode/Config Media.xcassets folder

16. Change name of app: Next to Play/Stop button, Click on Jasonette > Manage Schemes

17. Scroll to bottom

1. Click on Jasonette, hit enter
2. Type in app name
  1. Go to appstoreconnect.apple.com/apps click New App
  2. Go to Menu → Product → Archive → Distribute App → App Store Connect → Upload → Checkoff Upload your app’s symbols… → Automatically manage signing → Checkoff Generate an Apple Distribution certificate → Export key → Next → UPLOAD!!!
  3. Upload appropriate screenshots (***I manually changed the size of certain screenshots to apple requirements)
  4. Fill out App store info like App Category, privacy policy url etc

Additional Notes: First time round, I made the mistake of “fixing” errors and this ruined my build. If you can build successfully (seeing your app on the virtual device), I suggest ignoring the errors. My app is currently “in review” and so it appears the “errors” are not impediments to successful app publication.

7 Likes

Hi,

I feel quite stupid to ask your that but I didn’t success to run my app in Xcode… I followed your instructions :

1 - create an endpoint

2 - create a get/post scenario with Integromat

3 - set up my settings.list

And yet here is the screen I get when I run my app:

with this message:

FYI, when I follow the old method (upload a json file on Bubble and paste my https://s3 url on my settings.list, my app perfectly runs):

Did I miss something? I’ve read the old posts on this forum but after a few hours, I still don’t see my mistake :expressionless: and yet I’m sure it’s something obvious !

Thks !!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hello @cam.from

Your link https://hook.integromat.com/v0l1g7lfi126qhnhdvj8w3yd1e9h62i2 isn’t working. Maybe you changed it? Everything else look good.

Check this. Not sure the way you done it will work.

Hi @JohnMark!

My link isn’t working? However when I check on Integromat, everything seems okay:

- the link is the same:

- my webhook looks active:

When you tell me to check your screenshot about the endpoint, do you mean your text structure? I changed it, but my app still doesn’t run… :sob:

Thank you for your help! :pray:

1 Like

https://hook.integromat.com/v0l1g7lfi126qhnhdvj8w3yd1e9h62i2
this link is now working (replacing L by l ) but I can’t see the code. Something’s wrong.

Okay so the problem should come from my Integromat integration. And apparently, I am the only one to have this problem so it should be something really obvious… Just to be sure, are we agreed with:

If we can’t found out the solution, I will use the old way with a json file upload on bubble.

1 Like

1 Like

Done but it’s still not working… I give up and do with the old way.

Last question and after that, I don’t bother you anymore! My app has to allow the user to capture photo and video with his smartphone, and do audio record. At the moment, the user can just have access to his library:

I understand that I have to add a script in my json file to allow those functions and to create a webhook on Integromat with AWS (Wasabi in my case).

Is there an easier method to do so? Do you know where I can find the script for my json file?

Thank you again for your help and your patience!

PS: the answer is maybe we can’t have access to a fake camera function with xcode simulator but I just want to be sure :wink:

1 Like

:partying_face: Celebration for ALL of us! :partying_face: Bubble and APP is working fine together.
We reach +50,000 views. Thanks to all contributors.

Most popular tread still alive! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Cam, @JohnMark were you able to get this solved? I tried using the older method, copy the URL, and paste it to Xcode. However, I am seeing a blank screen on the Simulator, and a lot of errors when compiling.

1 Like