2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

@JohnMark @vini_brito
Update: Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve managed to do so far:
:white_check_mark: iOS Native App uploaded to testflight and now testing (didnā€™t go through integromat and used Xcode 12)
:white_check_mark: Push notifications from OneSignal working on iOS
:walking_man: (in progress) Android build

Have not submitted to the App Store for review yet, so will update on this soon. I would also like to contribute to a fresh new tutorial. This does feel like the ā€œultimate powerā€ now with Bubble + Jasonelle. Thanks for building this.

3 Likes

Go ahead :+1: @alejandrowunderlich. DM me if needed.

:+1:

2 Likes

Is there a way to detect that itā€™s the ā€œnative appā€ and not Safari? I have some functionalities with Push notifications that I hide if the browser is mobile safari or chrome, but I want to obviously show them in the Jasonelle app.

1 Like

I use this plugin:

2 Likes

Running it on the Jasonelle wrapper or running it on Mobile Safari generates identical information. I expected as much. Were you able to get some unique identifier from your ā€œNativeā€ app that you didnā€™t get from the bubble app running directly in Safari? Anything that I could use to create some conditional visibility?

Update:
I found that the Platform pluginā€™s ā€œUser Agent Stringā€ does have one little difference:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Safari/604.1 <ā€” Doesnā€™t show up in the iOS app, but it does show up on mobile Safari. Not sure how reliable this is. Also uncertain is what differences in information will I get once I get the Android app up and running.

How are you handling this, or is this it? @JohnMark

1 Like

Update @JohnMark
I might have spoken a little too soon Re: OneSignalā€™s push.
I can send my device a push notification via OneSignalā€™s dashboard. However, from within the iOS app neither the Pro nor the MAX plugins can detect the playerID of my iPhone (even though Iā€™ve granted permission), thus, Iā€™m yet to be able to schedule notifications for a specific user.

Update: The plugins seem to have a problem fetching the playerID on mobile browsers in general. We need to get around this if we want to provide full functionality on the Jasonelle app, like recurring or programmable notifications.

Have you been able to solve this?

ps. Sorry for all the back-to-back questions. Just want to be thorough for my tutorial.

1 Like

I simply read my calling url:
ā€œurlā€: ā€œhttps://mysite.com/home?jasonelle=yesā€

Iā€™m not using the push notification yet.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

This is a brilliant solution to do ā€œspecialā€ conditionals based on the wrapped app vs mobile apps!

Bummer that you havenā€™t dabbled with Push. Itā€™s becoming somewhat of a challenge to get the PlayerID. Someone suggested to me that theyā€™re using a ā€œJS Bridgeā€. Perhaps someone knows whatā€™s up.

1 Like

Update: For anyone else having trouble getting the PlayerID for OneSignal, it can theoretically be done using Jasonette extensions, which are a bridge between the native app and our bubble webapp.

Docs for the code savvy: ā–  Extending Jasonette (advanced) - EBF Jasonette

I donā€™t yet know how to do this myself, so Iā€™m doing a little research. This does feel like the final frontier for a Bubble appā€”access native features!

1 Like

Hi all, is there a possible solution or workaround to make the bubble file uploader work with jasonelle?
The app iā€™m building has an option for users to upload an image of their id document but nothing happens when i tap on the button that triggers the file uploader

1 Like

Hello @vladlunasan

I use a plugin called Advanced Multi Uploader. It works with iOS.

By any chance, did you find any solution for this? Iā€™ve come with the same problem, and plugins ā€œAdvanced Multi Uploaderā€ and ā€œAWS File uploader - Any sizeā€ donā€™t work as well.

2 Likes

I have the same error, can you explain me how did you fix it ?

1 Like

Not sure if I am missing something but in the new dev version I canā€™t seem to find set up anywhere???

1 Like

Hello @sophie1 ,

have you tried with Jasonelle forum (on Telegram)? And?

I had the same issue.
This helped me: ā–  Android - EBF Jasonette

1 Like

Hello, I am struggling at the last step for target notifications. It is said that I should add a code in my JSON app file.

Are they talking about the hosting file to upload in the root directory ?

Where to put this code ?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @r.houdry and welcome to Bubble.
Hosting file (text file with 9 lines of code) in Bubble root directory or using Bubble API BackEnd as described above. Iā€™m not sure how it work inside this file regarding your one signal code. I will recommend to communicate with Jasonelle Telegram Forum (link above). This part isnā€™t documented here.

Hello everyone,
I am strugglling to upload the .aab file in the google console. The console refuses the file because the package ā€œcom.jasonetteā€ already exists on Google Play. When Iā€™ve had the error for the first time, Iā€™ve changed all the package names I could find but the error remains.
If anyone is able to help me I would be grateful.