Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 2021 🔷

That’s amazing. Update on my side: I’ve managed to get it working on Xcode 12, but not without having to dig dig dig through this thread. Can’t wait for a new, clean tutorial. That will be very valuable for future Bubblenauts :woman_astronaut:

3 Likes

:joy: LOVED the term!

2 Likes

I refuse to be called a “Bubbler” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

But Bubbler is so cool :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Is this still accurate? I have used your method to get my app working :slight_smile: but how do I allow users to go back to previous page within the app? Is that something I need to build in bubble?
i also have external links - which work- but no easy way to have users get back to where they were on the app. thanks!

1 Like

As far as I can tell, navigation is needed within your app. No back buttons, at least on iOS. Have not tested the back button on Android.

1 Like

@JohnMark @vini_brito
Update: Here’s what I’ve managed to do so far:
:white_check_mark: iOS Native App uploaded to testflight and now testing (didn’t go through integromat and used Xcode 12)
:white_check_mark: Push notifications from OneSignal working on iOS
:walking_man: (in progress) Android build

Have not submitted to the App Store for review yet, so will update on this soon. I would also like to contribute to a fresh new tutorial. This does feel like the “ultimate power” now with Bubble + Jasonelle. Thanks for building this.

3 Likes

Go ahead :+1: @alejandrowunderlich. DM me if needed.

:+1:

2 Likes

Is there a way to detect that it’s the “native app” and not Safari? I have some functionalities with Push notifications that I hide if the browser is mobile safari or chrome, but I want to obviously show them in the Jasonelle app.

1 Like

I use this plugin:

1 Like

Running it on the Jasonelle wrapper or running it on Mobile Safari generates identical information. I expected as much. Were you able to get some unique identifier from your “Native” app that you didn’t get from the bubble app running directly in Safari? Anything that I could use to create some conditional visibility?

Update:
I found that the Platform plugin’s “User Agent String” does have one little difference:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Safari/604.1 <— Doesn’t show up in the iOS app, but it does show up on mobile Safari. Not sure how reliable this is. Also uncertain is what differences in information will I get once I get the Android app up and running.

How are you handling this, or is this it? @JohnMark

1 Like

Update @JohnMark
I might have spoken a little too soon Re: OneSignal’s push.
I can send my device a push notification via OneSignal’s dashboard. However, from within the iOS app neither the Pro nor the MAX plugins can detect the playerID of my iPhone (even though I’ve granted permission), thus, I’m yet to be able to schedule notifications for a specific user.

Update: The plugins seem to have a problem fetching the playerID on mobile browsers in general. We need to get around this if we want to provide full functionality on the Jasonelle app, like recurring or programmable notifications.

Have you been able to solve this?

ps. Sorry for all the back-to-back questions. Just want to be thorough for my tutorial.

1 Like

I simply read my calling url:
“url”: “https://mysite.com/home?jasonelle=yes

I’m not using the push notification yet.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

This is a brilliant solution to do “special” conditionals based on the wrapped app vs mobile apps!

Bummer that you haven’t dabbled with Push. It’s becoming somewhat of a challenge to get the PlayerID. Someone suggested to me that they’re using a “JS Bridge”. Perhaps someone knows what’s up.

1 Like

Update: For anyone else having trouble getting the PlayerID for OneSignal, it can theoretically be done using Jasonette extensions, which are a bridge between the native app and our bubble webapp.

Docs for the code savvy: ■ Extending Jasonette (advanced) - EBF Jasonette

I don’t yet know how to do this myself, so I’m doing a little research. This does feel like the final frontier for a Bubble app—access native features!

1 Like

Hi all, is there a possible solution or workaround to make the bubble file uploader work with jasonelle?
The app i’m building has an option for users to upload an image of their id document but nothing happens when i tap on the button that triggers the file uploader

1 Like

Hello @vladlunasan

I use a plugin called Advanced Multi Uploader. It works with iOS.

By any chance, did you find any solution for this? I’ve come with the same problem, and plugins “Advanced Multi Uploader” and “AWS File uploader - Any size” don’t work as well.

2 Likes

I have the same error, can you explain me how did you fix it ?

1 Like