2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Thank you. I am now trying to use the Bubble API BackEnd instead of the file.

Do you still need to use Integromat to make this work ?

Because it indicates a 405 error.

Hello @r.houdry

You don’t need Integromat. Error 405 is 405 Method Not Allowed. Live and Version_Test isn’t the same address.

1 Like

Hey Alejandro, I’m having the same problem with OneSignal MAX and my wrapped Android application. I can’t seem to get the player_id from the APK so I can’t store it into the User’s player_id_list. OneSignal detects the device and I can see it on their Dashboard but I can’t get my app to receive and store the player_id. Have you found anything yet? Thanks

1 Like

I have solved the issue.

2 Likes

Wow well done! How did you manage it? If your solution works, I think it would make Jasonelle much more useful for many users!

actually, I didn’t use jasonelle to do this. but I think we can add permission to the jesonelle it might work.

public void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent data) {
if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.LOLLIPOP) {
if (requestCode != INPUT_FILE_REQUEST_CODE || mFilePathCallback == null) {
super.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);
return;
}
Uri[] results = null;
// Check that the response is a good one
if (resultCode == Activity.RESULT_OK) {
if (data == null) {
// If there is not data, then we may have taken a photo
if (mCameraPhotoPath != null) {
results = new Uri[]{Uri.parse(mCameraPhotoPath)};
}
} else {
String dataString = data.getDataString();
if (dataString != null) {
results = new Uri[]{Uri.parse(dataString)};
}
}
}
mFilePathCallback.onReceiveValue(results);
mFilePathCallback = null;
} else if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT <= Build.VERSION_CODES.KITKAT) {
if (requestCode != FILECHOOSER_RESULTCODE || mUploadMessage == null) {
super.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);
return;
}
if (requestCode == FILECHOOSER_RESULTCODE) {
if (null == this.mUploadMessage) {
return;
}
Uri result = null;
try {
if (resultCode != RESULT_OK) {
result = null;
} else {
// retrieve from the private variable if the intent is null
result = data == null ? mCapturedImageURI : data.getData();
}
} catch (Exception e) {
Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), “activity :” + e,
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
}
mUploadMessage.onReceiveValue(result);
mUploadMessage = null;
}
}
return;
}

1 Like

Interesting! How would this be integrated into Android Studio for example?

1 Like

hello John an thanks for this topic.
i just wanted to ask which URL do you put in string.xml please.
is it your app URL ?

1 Like

Sorry would that be www.mydomain.com
Or my domain.com/index.json ?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hello @husam.hamdy

You need a minimal paid plan from Bubble to use either the file or the BackEnd Workflow. As you described, domaine.com/index.json (or whatever name).
If you don’t have a domain, you have to use Bubble domain.
" It should be mydomain.com" as you said.

I prefered the dynamic solution using BackEnd Workflow as you can change anything depending of your users needs (advanced option):

Hello @JohnMark, thanks for all your effort here - please, how its going the founded plugin around Jasonelle? Have you any info about it? It seems as moving target, according to some info I fetched elsewhere … And is the Jasonelle still best royalty free possibility to do mobile things in bubble?

1 Like

Hello @JohnMark. Thank you for putting together this tutorial. Also thanks to all bubblers who are helping newbies to coding such as myself.

My problem is at the level of Google Aouth, so far everything on my app works 100%, only problem is with Google Aouth policy. See image below.

Users don’t get any error while on browser.

1 Like

Hello John and everybody
i have tried to see most of the replies in this topic.
i am struggling to get file/image uploader to work on jasonelle on android.
i have even bought the Advanced file uploader plugin but when opening the app from jasonelle it doesnt recognize the file up-loader to browse files from phone.
thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Yes, hopefully someone can figure this out. It’s the main problem stopping Jasonelle from being amazing. Without this issue being solved it makes Jasonelle useless for most people :frowning:

2 Likes

Hello Husam

I’m using iPhone devices only. Not sure the plugin is working with Android. I will assumed it will work inside Jasonelle functions. You must ask Telegram Jasonelle forum.

1 Like

Hi all, I am new in bubble and want to try PictureUploader in web app on mobile to get picture. This works (I also tried some other plugins for this) but, I expect that none will allow to preconfigure native camera with resolution and cropping to be launched ready to take picture with such preset values. Is expected that some Jasonelle native access to camera allow this? Or can this by done by Adalo or something else for native mobile frontend, having access to bubble backend at least? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @7alken

You have to ask on Jasonelle Forum (Telegram). I will assumed you can with some advanced options.

1 Like

Please keep me updated if you find a solution.

I peeked into Jasonelle legacy docs but found no details about configuring camera. But for my purpose of private internal tool (so not for profit/scale app), I am not interested mainly by purchaseable native app, rather at least working mobile site, where PictureUploader in fact works quite good, as far as camera is preconfigured outside of app by its global statte - that is enough for me - uploader then requires only 3 easy clicks to take 1:1 9mp photo into this default bubble control, with some plugins I can reduce this probably even to 1 click - so, no luck for jasonelle, but I can live with this. thanks

2 Likes

I have found the solution finally for getting the file/image upload to work in android.
Basically when you download Jasonette, download the advanced webview and it has the permissions ready.

4 Likes