2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Hi @krooty,

Thanks, and just to add a native function it took me hours to found out :slight_smile:

Great tool here to validate your json file > Hjson.org

Or you can create your own file myfile.json with the original json script :wink:

{
   "$jason": {
		"body": {
			"background": {
				"type": "html",
				"url": "https://www.your_domain.com",
					"action": {
						"type": "$default"
							  }
						  }
				}
			  }
}
2 Likes

" I will always recommend wrapping a web application if it is done professionally " :wink:

Second, an easy integration solution. No other development code to learn or continuously change. 80% of functions are covered by Bubble (and plugins). The idea of developing a single compatible application for all platforms is truly unique. With the new integration of Bubble Cloudflare, make it faster. Just good news.

I just compared the Bubble-Jasonelle app with iOS Messenger, LinkedIn, Skype and others for loading time, and Bubble is on average 2 seconds later to display the information. BTW the tested index page is a complex full page.
That is very acceptable. No one can say it’s a wrapper!

Advantages over other ‘wrappers’:

• Compile once on Google Play and Apple Store (yes, no more submission to them!)
  • All changes made to Bubble are instantaneous for users
  • Free Open Source and Free
  • or Build a complete native app with Jasonelle and use Bubble as backend

I also recommend using an auto-REFRESH plugin when making changes to LIVE, so your users have nothing to do. Never again ‘Press here to refresh the screen’.

5 Likes

Thanks @JohnMark. It is interesting, I am trying it now !.

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark,

Thanks so much for all your tips!

We have developed an MVP version of an app using Bubble and would like to have it as iOS and Android app but don’t seem to be able to follow your steps. It is our very first experience with app development and therefore are bit confused. :sweat_smile: I apologiese if the questions are very basic but:

1. Where do we get the url that goes at the end of the Return data from API?

2. Does this have to be a registered domain or can will it work for the demo verison of the app?

Thanks again!
Luisa

1 Like

Hi Luisa @asiul_91 and thanks.

The first step, make it work with the regular way to be sure you grasp the concept. If it work, and only Jasonelle can’t read your file on the Return API, then be sure to point to another plateform first with GET to POST conversion as explained above (with Integromat). Bubble doesnt yet accept GET. Nothing perfect. :slight_smile:

Get to Post link

It works for demo version.

Hope it help! :sweat_smile:

" Do I need Apple or/and Google Play account? "

For any native project, you need an account with Apple ($100) and Google Play ($35) valid for one year. If you want to save this cost, you need to take other wrappers that control your application and all carries some risk. For experimental reasons, why not! :slight_smile:

I will welcome @Sam with his new integration for Android (13$) with Nativator.
Nativator

1 Like

john still the banner is not working. have you tried? success?

Hi @bentoj72

Everything I’ve published has been tested and works fine on Xcode. Sometimes you need to step back, and start over, step by step. I did this several times before I realized that I was erasing critical information by mistake (especially in Xcode). I haven’t finished my tests on Android Studio since I’m waiting for a custom development.

You can make a complete application with Jasonnelle without even going through Bubble (or use Bubble as a database). So make sure that the content of Bubble is displayed correctly, then you have to add the iOS or Android functions one at a time according to your needs in the json file which does not need to be a file (see the explanations above).

By the way I use BDK Env plugin to pass my variables and call Jasonelle. You can DM with your details, and I can take a look. You can also ask for help on Jasonelle’s site if some functions do not seem to work.

To display the notification, it is simply adding a few lines and the call is done with the BDK Env plugin JS calls (or the Toolbox plugin).

Run action Javascript to call your banner

1 Like

NEWS from Jasonelle, version 3.0 is coming! :slight_smile:

Jasonette-2.0-release-date

Thanks to Camilo!

3 Likes

Version 2 or 3? It will be perfectly on time for my launch !

1 Like

hai @JohnMark
Thank you for your support.
I tried this using toolbox plugin but still its not getting. :frowning:
Untitled
this is my jason file.

Untitled1
This is my java action.

am i doing something wrong?

Hi @bentoj72

DM your json file. DM mean direct message me. :wink:
Yes your json file look good.

Here is another way that can work better for your json script (or file) and using Jasonelle functions. Here an example to display a blue iOS banner.

Read this if you’re still using a file > Use API Workflow instead of a file

NO MORE SCRIPT (json) FILE NEEDED

script (text format) for copy and paste:

{
    "$jason": {
        "head": {
            "actions": {
                "$load": {
                    "type": "$render"
                },
                "display_banner": {
                    "type": "$util.banner",
                    "options": {
                        "title": "{{$jason.title}}",
                        "description": "{{$jason.description}}"
                    }
                }
            },
            "templates": {
                "body": {
                    "background": {
                        "type": "html",
                        "url": "https://yoursite.com?variable_name=yes",
                        "action": {
                            "type": "$default"
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Hi, can you show how to use test flight to get users on app without apple developer account? if that’s possible. I’m trying to build something for competition deadline and probably won’t get reviewed in time for app store.

Also is it ok to use generic bubbleapps.io domain?

Sorry if these things have been answered I haven’t had the time to read everything yet.

Hi @Taiheta, it can be a long journey when rushing :slight_smile:

Yes you can subcribe to test flight with an invitation code.

Sometimes I forget the bubbleapps.io. Yes, you can use it.
No need for a website. :sweat_smile: @asiul_91
unless you want to impress yourself.

Good luck!

3 Likes

How to use Apple Test Flight

Hi @Taiheta, you can take every phone from your testers and connect to your computer, and build your app on their phone. That’s the easiest way.

Install Test Flight on your phone

Build your project with Xcode
with Archive.

Always increment version number (ie 1.6 to 1.7). Let Build number to 1.
42%20AM

When your project is sent to Apple, open your Apple Dev account.

Choose Test Flight and your new build version. Choose who you want to test your application. Add it to your group of testers you need to create before. An email and a name are requested.

3 Likes

Reminder for new Jasonelle users: You must use Xcode 10.2.1 or lower to make it work. Xcode 11 is not working at this time. Waiting for an update.

Thanks to @Taiheta

Another solution to share your app with your friends without Apple Dev Account.

Distribute your iOS and Android application and install it over the air with our Best Platform for Beta App, iOS App and Android App Distribution.

1 Like

8.3 How to Call/SMS/Facetime a Phone Number

How to: Call/SMS/Facetime a Phone Number

2 Likes

This is amazing, does anyone have a link to a successful native Bubble app they built?

1 Like