This is an ongoing issue for me with no resolution in sight.
I have spoken on the main “Cloudflare for all” thread and it was confirmed that my settings were correct but I still get the occasional email from bubble saying that there is a problem and then today whilst I was in the app I got a 1014 error that totally crashed the app: https://share.getcloudapp.com/X6uOB5X2
After a few minutes it came back up but there is clearly a problem that needs urgently sorting.
I have never had an issue with CNAME and nameservers in the past but I am by no means an expert.
I’m open to any ideas on how to achieve a solution and if required I’m willing to pay. I just need this fixing as a matter of urgency.
Thanks in advance
I’ve just come off the phone with my domain manager and they have confirmed that I cannot have the CNAME and the A record of my app with the same address.
So my.appdomain.com A record and my.appdomain.com CNAME cannot co-exist.
I have removed the CNAME, updated the A Record and there is still no joy. I understand that could be propagation issues but I have no confidence that the issue is resolved meaning that the problem could take days to sort as I keep trying out new configurations when each attempted solution fails.
It does look like the propagation has already taken place: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXuBjG7e
The app is still not live and my bubble dashboard states that “We found a bad DNS records for my.domain.com. These records are pointing to the servers that do not belong to Bubble: A record 184.108.40.206, A record 220.127.116.11.”
Maybe it is a propagation issue as the app on the bubble dashboard now says “we’re good to go” but the app isn’t live.
Then when I refresh the error message comes back up.
Looks like it’s a case of wait and see what happens
I started having this same issue last night and now I am not able to preview my app
Have you had any luck?
I’ve removed one of the A records as recommended by Bubble support so now I have just one A record pointing to the app but it’s still showing as down.
My next course of action is to delete the custom domain and go through the process again… I was wondering if you had any luck before I do that.
I changed my cnames from “proxied” to “dns only” it solved my problem
I really wish there was some official (Bubble) documentation on this. Grrrr
Hi, it turns out that this was an actual bug that the bubble engineers needed to resolve with Cloudflare. Since then I have had another issue on another domain but that was caused because in Cloudflare I had the orange cloud showing when it needs to be only a DNS record.
interesting. i’ll have to give it another try then! thanks for the update man!
This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.