2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

“News” :slight_smile: You have here the commands to activate TEL or SMS or EMAIL inside jasonelle from your Bubble application. Thanks to ‘rapos’.

With this method we can trigger any native functionality available.

It is also configured the background color to be white, and the progress bar to be transparent.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s amazing, @JohnMark! Thanks a lot for this! Quick question: I’ve been able to test the app on my Android device, but when uploading it to Google Play, I get an error saying that I have to allow 64bits and not only 32bits for my apps, as starting in August, this will be mandatory. Which exact part of the project do I have to modify for this? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @eurogar, you’re welcome.

FILE > Project Structure > Dependencies then update com.eclipsesource

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It worked! Just in case it helps to somebody else, I had to change the name of the app (otherwise com.jasonelle is already taken) by following the steps here:

1. Right-click on your root project directory
  2. Select Refactor -> Rename
  3. Select rename project and change the name there.
  4. Also Select rename module and change it there as well. If you get an message saying module name already changed thats fine.
  5. Now right-click on the project root folder again and select Open Module Settings.
  6. Under the Modules section remove whatever folders are associated to your old project name.
  7. Apply Settings and hit OK.
  8. Restart Android Studio.

Thanks for all!

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips @eurogar

All that Jasonelle integration is a very cost-effective solution :boom:

2 Likes

GREAT NEWS! You no longer need the json file (myfile.json). Put your commands in a Return data from API action from API Workflows! It can be dynamic, it means, for each user you can run a different native application if you want, live!

Call the new pointer:

• https://your_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle

14 Likes

Hello and thanks in advance,

I’m trying solution with “Return data from API” version but I miss something.
I have a test Bubble APP with API workflow configured (I test with a web tool).
I Compile Android APK and it works using Bubble demo.

Then I change strings.xml file with following code:

<resources>
    <string name="app_name">mosquitoweb</string>
    <string name="url">https://MYDOMAIN.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/wf/jasonelle</string>
    <string name="launch">file://preload.json</string>
</resources>

When I run APP in emulator it return me “Offline”.

What I miss?

Thank you,
Mario

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark

thank you very much for this post.

In step 3 when we choose to create a new app in the console.
console requests a JSON URL (enter the JSON URL if you have one).
We are talking here about the url of our app? or the stored json file url that looks like https: //s3.amazonaws.com/appforest … ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @gabrielnuel34, and thanks.

The Json file is now replaced by a Workflows API action “Return data from API” as explained above. Inside the “plain text”, you put the https://yourapp.com/index URL that points to your Bubble app. The first time you compile your app with Xcode or Android Studio, you put the URL of your endpoint ‘Jasonelle’ (Bubble). You do this operation only once in your life. Then all changes occur bubble side in the return API action. Any changes after that will be immediate for your users. No more compilation. Great advantage.

7 Likes

Hi @manburg6

You received your reply on the other forum.

1 Like

I just get a 405 error in the APP as Bubble only responds to a post request, not a Get. Please could you post a screenshot of your exact Xcode setup for Settings.plist?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @andy8,

Since Bubble doesn’t have GET yet, I used ‘Integromat’ to do the GET to POST conversion to Bubble API. Maybe others may have another way?

You point to Integromat

And you create the GET to POST (or whatever tool to do it)

3 Likes

@JohnMark, can this be used to let user’s download an app direct from my website? I have no need of an actual native app but I have a mobile ‘app’ page built for the drivers using my software. I’m just looking for a way to put an icon on their phone for quick access. Kind of a faux PWA I guess.

1 Like

Hi @eli

There’s a new plugin just perfect for what you need :wink:

2 Likes

Well, hello new plugin! How timely :smile:

1 Like

John,

First, thank you for posting this.

This is all very new to me, so please forgive the dumb questions and misuse of terminology.

Reading the initial post in this topic, I get that I would need a Mac in order to build the wrapper. Doing a little more research, it appears that there are ways to virtualize Mac on a Windows 10 PC. Is that a viable option?

At this point, I’m really grasping at straws, so I hope you can give me a little grounding or point out the fundamentals I’m missing.

Thanks.

Hi @laurence,

Yes, is it possible, viable? You let me know :wink:

1 Like

Just purchase a Mac. I recently purchase one solely for deploying my iOS apps (never owned a Mac prior) In Xcode and the process is working perfectly. I looked for the emulators but gave up as it looks Too complex and buggy.

2 Likes

Hi @JohnMark,

Thanks for your work. I have no coding knowledge and I have tried my best to convert my bubble project to the native app as you suggested, and it worked, but Im facing a problem here. I have a single page with show hide rules designed only for app users but when im testing in Android studio it shows the index page.

I tried using Platform Information Page, added the element in page load “when Platform A OS is android” > Navigate to > Mobile App Page. It doesnt work. Am i missing anything or my steps are wrong ?

1 Like