A guide to advanced use of reusables

Great post! This seems to be the best resource for reusables, so I thought I’d ask the group for advice. And mainly I’m looking for confirmation, so that I’m more confident in taking the plunge to reusables.

My Question:
As I grow users on my application, should I use reusable elements?

Problem:
My single page app requires customization for each user. There’s no way around it.

When I get a new user, I create a new page by cloning the other page. I modify one section of the new page that requires customization. The more users I get, the more pages I need to manage. Adding a feature requires a build to one page multiplied by the number of users I have. This will eventually become chaos.

Why wouldn’t I use Reusable Elements?
I thought it was obvious that I’d go to reusable elements. But now I’m not sure.

1. There’s not much info available (thanks for this post!)
  2. With the available info, the more I read the more I question if reusables are right for me.
  3. I have a complicated single page app. I understand that you can’t use a master page, or a reusable full page. I would need to build each new user’s page element by element if I used reusable groups.
  4. I’m not sure how reliable reusable groups are. I would need to convert sections to reusable groups and I’ve seen recent bugs with it.
  5. All of my groups pass data to each other - It seems complicated to pass data in and out of reusables.

Conclusion:
It sounds like setting up a new user would be more complicated with reusables. But it would pay off later in terms of updates and maintenance.

I want an easy to maintain system, where one update would apply to all pages.

The more users I get, the more complicated each updated gets. Each page is getting more and more out of sync.

It sounds like a lot of you had similar problems (specifically @Eli). And reusable elements were the solution.

I guess I’m just looking for confirmation in my thought process.