Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

About the choice of masks to protect from Corona

First of all, I am not a doctor or a virus expert. Before I met Bubble, all I knew was selling products to factories, which includes worker safety tools.

When I looked at this post by @emmanuel , the mask in the shared picture caught my attention.

This mask is called a surgical mask or surgeon mask. (At least in my country).

It usually has the FFP1 class and can block bacteria, but viruses are much smaller than bacteria, and this mask cannot block viruses. (Of course, the person in the photo may have worn the mask because he suffered from another disease, not Corona, which is usually a good filter against bacteria that can infect.)

If there is a danger in your country or if you want to take action against it, it should be “N95” (US Standard) or “EN149” (EU standard) and minimum “FFP2” class, and the really safe mask is definitely “FFP3”.

I hope you never have to buy.

Best;
Eren

1 Like

So far, the new coronavirus has led to more than 100,000 illnesses and more than 3,000 deaths worldwide. But that’s nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has caused an estimated 32 million illnesses, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

1 Like

Just wait a week. The speed it doubles at is staggering. We were saying the same things in Europe two weeks ago. Not now.