"Add another line" Form - Is this possible in Bubble?

I am trying to create a form, where the User (a student) can enter their school courses.
For each course, there needs to be 3 fields: Name, Grade, Marks (e.g. Math, Grade 10, 75%).
I would like the Input Form to start with 4 empty lines, because most students would take 4 courses in a year.
I would also like the User (student) to be able to add lines so that the student would be able to save 5 or more courses.

Is this possible in Bubble?

1 Like

Hey @ggparcnever :wave:

Welcome to the Bubble community! :tada: :confetti_ball:

I donā€™t think this will be a problem for Bubble at all. Bubble is data driven. So this seems to be a good match. You can essentially make Google Forms with Bubble, so if itā€™s similar to that, then yes.

Thanks for your reply. How would you do it?

Can you maybe explain more what you need? Maybe with a picture since Iā€™m a visual person. Maybe you have seen another program do something similar? I just want to make sure I understand what you are trying to do first. :blush:

If I were you, I would start with designing it on the page. That way, once it is set up, we could try to help you with the database and workflows when you get stuck. :blush:

something like this?

IMO they can just add as many as they need, and they display accordingly.

If you want to setup multiple forms, you just add ANOTHER RG on top that is populated with their prior values and disabled/auto-binding so they can edit or not edit however you want to setup the functionality.

Link to editor: Corycodes | Bubble Editor

Yes, this makes sense. Hope this image paste works.

I know I probably should set up the inputs in Groups. But this is essentially what I would like to do. When the User clicks add another course, I would like the form to populate the 5th line to input courses.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been booked with appointments all week. :blush:

Here is an example for you if you still need it:

Preview: https://test805421.bubbleapps.io/version-test/multiple_inputs_in_a_list?debug_mode=true

Editor: Test805421 | Bubble Editor

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like

Hi, I am new to Bubble.

I am also trying to ā€œAdd another lineā€ in my case
I have a form where you enter basic details about parents and their kids. i.e parent name, child name, child age.

By default, the user will be able to enter in the name and age of the first child in the text box provided, but will have to press the ā€œadd another child buttonā€ so more text boxes will be displayed to input the details.

My problem is that, the repeating group that contains the child details inputs doesnā€™t show up, because I have them connected to custom state from the page called children which is empty at the beginning as they havenā€™t filled anything in yet, therefore the repeating group doesnā€™t display.

What I have currently:

What I want:

Sorry for my delay in thanksā€¦ I too been busy and havenā€™t had a chance to check back. Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for (except I will probably want to start with a couple of courses so most users donā€™t have to add). Can you share how this was done?

If you look at the workflow in the example, it should help. Check the editor example above: "Add another line" Form - Is this possible in Bubble? - #8 by J805

Hint: Check the workflow. Thatā€™s the key. :blush:

Hey @Andrew_i :wave:

Try having a default one created on page load like the example I have above. Then just make sure you donā€™t let them delete it. Or you can add a button outside of the repeating group to add a new item. Take a look at the example, if you have any other questions, just let us know. "Add another line" Form - Is this possible in Bubble? - #8 by J805

Hope that helps. :blush:

1 Like

Hi, sorry for being a noob! The link you have only goes to preview. How can I see the editor?

There is a link below that says ā€˜Editor:ā€™

Here it is again just in case: Test805421 | Bubble Editor

Hope that helps. :blush:

Thank you!! Sorry for being such a noob!!

1 Like

@ggparcnever Not a problem! We were all there at some point. :blush:

Sorry, one more question, can you tell me how you add the grades and courses to the current user once they click NEXT?

Iā€™ve tried to:

1. create a multi list under Users called Courses_Grades
  2. Then I tried to ā€œMake changes to current Usersā€
  3. Then Iā€™ve selected Courses_Grades, add, Search for Courses Inputā€™s Grade, plus item, Search for Course Input 's Name

But this didnt workā€¦ What did I do wrong?

So the simplest way is to just autobind the inputs to save the data when the user enters it. Then save the list of courses_grades to a list on the user dataType. There are a bunch of different ways to do this, this was just the first one that came to mind that might be simple to grasp. Let me know if that makes sense. :blush: