Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Add multiple data for a same input from a form

Hi,

I’m a one week newbie on Bubble with so much to discover… and I’m trying to build a vendor directory database.
I created a form with different fields to add new vendors.
On this form, I want to insert a section to add contacts. Contacts are stored in a different database.
As contacts can be more than one, I would like to have the possibility to create new lines like we can see in this example.

But before doing this, I’m blocked to add any single line of contact when I’m adding a vendor.

So first, I created my database for vendors and for contacts, with a relation to vendors in the contact database.

Then I have a form to enter the vendor information and save it.
I am able to save all the fields that are existing in the vendors database but I’m not able to send contacts fields data to contact database. What I would like to do is saving contact name, contact email and vendor name into contact database.

I have added a RG for my contacts, to add Contact Name and Contact Email.

But when I try to create new contacts, I don’t find how to send the fields data to the database.

Could you help me to understand how to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Laurent

I don’t know if I 100% understand your problem. BUT it looks like when you are saving your contact for the vendor, you also want to save some information from the vendor itself.

If so, you may want to try something like using “Result of Step 1…” functionality.

For example, you’d:

1. Add a new thing (in your case, the new vendor)
  2. Add a new thing (in your case, the contact)

When you make the action for #2, you can set the contact’s vendor to “Result of Step 1’s Vendor” (or something like that).

Does this help?