"Add plugins" button just got faster!

Hey all,

A common complaint we’ve heard loud and clear is that the load time of the “Add plugins” button is really slow.

We are happy to announce that it has been fixed to quickly give you top 50 results, and allow you to filter more appropriately (as opposed to waiting to load all 2500+ plugins before filter is possible). There’s still the ability to display them all, you just have to scroll down and click “Show all” on the bottom right.

We have bigger dreams for the plug-in experience (pagination for example) so this is just an interim step, but hopefully it helps everyone more quickly build on Bubble!

(Apologies to anyone that used this loading screen as a way to catch up on your daily Wordle :wink:)

–TJ

38 Likes

Thanks TJ!

1 Like

Excelent!

1 Like

Finally!!! So glad. This will help tremendously. Thank you! Talk about quality of life improvements. :clap:

3 Likes

well done, its so much better!

1 Like

thanks for making my day
my clients will love it too as it was often awkward during screenshare waiting so long!

2 Likes

:partying_face: WHOOP!

1 Like

Great update! Have been waiting for this since many years ago :laughing:

Regards,
Jordan Loh
Bubble Coach

1 Like

The update we’ve all hoped for! This small tweak is going to save hours in the long run :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’m definitely not trying to be a downer here… just genuinely curious. I have been around long enough to know TJ is absolutely right when he says this complaint was common, and every time it came up, I was dumbfounded as to why it mattered so much.

The above being said, is anyone willing to share why this update is so life-changing? I mean, how much time do you all spend adding plugins? True, I go out of my way to use as few plugins as possible, but are folks popping over to that area multiple times a day during their builds? Is it a mindset of “check plugins first, ask questions later” when adding any feature to a build?

I honestly don’t get it (no offense to TJ, of course, because again, folks complained about this one a lot), but I am fascinated by the different ways in which people use Bubble, so I thought I’d ask. Feel free to ignore, of course, and at the very least, I popped this thread to the top of the stack for a hot minute again. :slight_smile:

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

I think Mike it’s as simple as in the year 2022 why does searching and retrieving a list of plugins need to take more than 1 second. :slightly_smiling_face: (considering also just having to show the top 10 to start with)

5 Likes

Valid point, I guess it’s nice to see that Bubble is taking the complaints and doing something with it and it just makes life a little bit easier when adding plugins.

3 Likes

Terific

Because, why, Mike? Why would something not be optimized for the user whether they visit it once or a hundred times?

I do it for my users, I expect that from Bubble.

So, no, not life changing. But definitely less annoying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, totally fair, @eli. The comments are definitely more toward the life-changing side of the spectrum, though, so I just wondered what I was missing by not hanging out in the plugins area. Who knows… maybe that’s where the party is! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You should come sometime! That’s def where it all goes down :joy:

2 Likes

With you :100: on that comment, @eli, but you’re a pretty savvy Bubble user. I’ve seen projects where any given page is an insane hodgepodge of plugins of wildly-variable quality and utility and I’m like, “dude, where’d you find the time to (1) find all this stuff and (2) why?”

2 Likes