Add two actions to one button

So I want to two things to happen when the Tutorials is click
First: If the logged-in user has already subscribed to my plan, they will be directed to the tutorials page,
Second: If the logged-in user has not subscribed to my plan, they will be directed to the plan picker page. And once they’re subscribed, they will be directed to the tutorials page. Next time a subscribed user clicks on Tutorial, the system will recognize their subscription status and direct to the tutorials page.

I have struggled to find ways to make all this work for 2 days but still haven’t had any luck. Can anyone walk me through it step by step? I’m pretty new to Bubble so a detailed explanation would be appreciated.

HI @jueinvesting ,
You can do that by making workflows as you mentioned but you have to add condition for each workflow to solve this problem
photo_2023-07-26_15-19-06

I tried that and it didn’t work, I got directed to the payment page every time regardless of what my payment status was. Can you be a little more specific? Like how am I supposed to set up data types in Data and stuff

based on what you say :
one of conditions become true always :slightly_smiling_face:

I want the button to perform two actions (direct the user to tutorials/direct the user to the payment page) not just one action gets performed always.

Hi, can you share some screenshots? data and workflows pls

1 Like

What you’re saying is contradictory… those are two different actions… you can’t possibly perform both of them…

It has to be one or the other.

In any case, it’s simple… just put the relevant conditions on your Actions (they can both be in the same Worklfow)

1 Like

Sure, I just want the system to recognize different user types (subscribed or not subscribed) and perform the actions accordingly. But I have no idea how to do that.

I just want the system to recognize different user types (subscribed or not subscribed) and perform the actions accordingly. But I have no idea how to do that.

Just put the relevant condition on the workflow actions (however it is in your app you determine whether a User is subscribed or not)

See that’s the tricky part I don’t actually know how to set it up in the system so that it recognizes subbed users :frowning:

Can you walk me through it?

Ok I recommend you to watch some bubble tutorial. I learned everything with this channel https://youtube.com/@BuildingWithBubble

Uh okay I’ll make sure to check that out later. But do you have any idea how I should solve the problem I mentioned earlier?

In that case it really sounds as though you need to take a step back and learn how to use Bubble before attempting something like this.

This is fairly basic, so once you understand the basics of Bubble it will be simple. Otherwise you’ll just be going round in circles.

As a broad overview, you’ll need to start by designing and setting up your database. Of course that will depend on the specifics of what you’re trying to build, but you’ll likely need datatypes for Subscription, user_subscription, user roles, and a lot more besides, as well as integrations with a payment processor etc.

So those are the things I’d start learning about first. There are plenty of available resources for that.

Once that’s all done, it should be simple to use the relevant data in conditions for your workflow actions,

1 Like

I didn’t start by learning the basics first, I just sort of learned things along the way by jumping right into building real projects because I thought it could save me a ton of time as my initial goal was to build up a project as soon as possible and jump into the next one.

But yeah I agree with you on understanding the basics.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.