Adding things via searchbox

Hi There. I have a search box within a form that allows users to enter a brand associated with a product. This adds a brand to the database when it does not exist
The product then assigns the brand name based on the first step

The issue I have is that when a user searches for a brand that is already in the database the brand does not get associated with the new product. This makes sense as only new things are being created in step one, nut I cannot figure out how to get a solution for both scenarios, ie, new brands via typed text or existing brands via the search box selection.

Some guidance would be most welcome. Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, @sebastianvangreunen… if I understand your post correctly, one way to do what you described is to add another step after the product is created. In that step, make changes to the newly-created product, and the change to make is to set the brand equal to a search for the typed brand. Finally, add a condition to that step so it runs only when the result of step 1 is empty, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Yes thanks mike I’ll try to follow ur step in this case , please how can get a close look out for just incase I run into any other difficulties?

@samuelemiko048… are you the same person as the account that posted this question or do you just have the same issue (the latter seeming somewhat unlikely)? No offense, friend, but based on your only other post where you asked for help and then didn’t provide any information at all about what you need help with, it kind of feels like you might be trolling the forum (which would just be, well, sad). Again, no offense because I really am just trying to help you out here, but you’re going to need to be a lot clearer in your posts if you want to be taken seriously by the community.

Hi Mike

…not sure who the other fella is , anyways

I think that did the trick, but will test a bit more

Thank you

2 Likes