Advice about Default User Record

Dears,
I am adding a user record in User database for a specific reason and I would like your advice if this is the proper way to do it.

In the User database each field has a default field initialized already but because I have created users before creating all the fields, it’s not easy to initialize all the old users.

For example, I just added Avatar (image) field recently, and I put a default image. But all old users were created before… So instead of editing all users manually, I added a new default user record with all default values + default avatar image and in Page Loaded workflows I will add (If current user avatar image IS EMPTY, modify to set it with default user Avatar.

Is this the proper way to do it, or there is a more efficient way?

Alternatively create an API workflow to update the new fields to default values and then run it for users without avatars using a Data View.

3 Likes

I’d go with Nigel’s suggestion here. This is a common thing I’ve done in all my apps, part of my own little “admin” console. I build an API workflow, and on my dashboard, I place a button that sets it in motion. When it’s done, I remove the button and all is well in the world. It’s pretty efficient for me, but can take a bit depending on the number of users you are iterating over.

2 Likes

Very similar thing can be achieved using the “Bulk” button on the app data tab. (Which runs an API workflow on items being viewed/selected there.)

1 Like