After registering user as a seller?

I am wondering how to set up a workflow or something that would indicate the user successfully registered as a seller. I have field Merchant that is Yes/No which needs to be switched to Yes in order to allow the user to post items for sale. However if I set the workflow where such a change takes place after the registration event then the field switches to Yes even if the user cancels the registration process without completing it.

Any ideas on how to avoid this. Assume my api understanding is near zero:) So if that is what is required a little walkthrough would be wonderful!!!

Which plugin are you using?

Using the Bubble stripe plugin. Is there another one I should use instead?

No, that’s a good place to start. The CoBubble plugin is more powerful but is frustratingly complicated to set up, so I would start with the Bubble one to see if it will work for you. That said, I’m not sure of the answer to your original question.

After much trial and error I am still unable to identify a way to automatically confirm a seller is registered after doing the workflow action.

If anybody has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should be able to access a field on the user called Seller Account (or ID), when it’s not empty they have a seller account through stripe. You can then use conditions to run workflow or make certain things visible

1 Like

Wow ok I am going to have to give that a try. I don’t remember that being a field and how does it get populated?? Through API?

Oh ya, I thought this issue sounded familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago but then I switched to the CoBubble plugin. Does this help at all? [SOLVED] After I register a seller, how do I record that in Bubble?

1 Like

@philnauta,

We hope you mean the sophistication noted comes from learning the Stripe API itself, not the Stripe.js plugin. :slight_smile:

That worked great. Thanks for the advice. Worked right away!!!

SO the solution doesnt work for me. The field is always “not empty” even for brand new users.