šŸŽ” Algolia Places - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi, @boston85719!

Weā€™ve tested the location icon. Unfortunately, this issue is not reproducing on our side. To help you faster and better regarding this issue, could you , please, add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaboratorā€™s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team!

Hi, @boston85719!

The good news- weā€™ve fixed the border customization problem and problem with display icon. Also, weā€™ve added focus customization for input and customization icon. Please install the pluginā€™s latest version, refresh the browser and give it another try.

Kind Regards,
Zeroqode Team!

I just upgraded the plugin in my app. I am not seeing anything fixed, just a bit more brokenā€¦sorry but I have to be honest there.

Now, the border color that is set, doesnā€™t even show at all.

Now, the border roundness can not be changed and is always exceptionally round - looks like a preset of 15 -20.

Now, the location icon is still getting cut off on the left side.

As you can see in the screen shot, none of the elements are any different, because they are not responding to any of the settings I put on it, such as border color, border width and border roundness.

I had upgraded the plugin. Then tested. After getting these results, I closed the app and opened it again, but still donā€™t get the results expected.

Hi, @boston85719!

We are sorry about the unpleasant experience youā€™ve faced. Weā€™ll check out these issues and get back to you asap.

Best,
Zeroqode Team!

1 Like

Hi, @boston85719!

Weā€™ve fixed the bug, please install the pluginā€™s latest version, refresh the browser and give it another try.

Looking forward for feedback!
Zeroqode Team!

@ZeroqodeSupport this is fantastic. Hats off to the team for getting this resolved quickly, and to boot adding some functionality that is a great addition.

Adding the icon color on hover is great as well as in general being able to set the color of the icon. Really helps with app design consistency.

If I were to add one idea to the mix, would be to add an icon color on focus. So that when the input is focused and the border color changes, the icon color would change as well.

Nonetheless, great job and thank you for pushing through the fixes.

Hi, @boston85719!

Glad to hear that! :grinning:

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it give it as many stars as it deserves. :slightly_smiling_face:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team!

Hello everyone!

Thanks to @boston85719 and his feedback :pray:

Weā€™ve added new features for Algolia Places element

• Changing icon color on input focus to match input border color now is possible
  • Changing icon color on icon hover now possible

Please update to the latest version of the plugin , place the element on the page set the proprieties, and give it a try!

Test the demo page - https://zeroqode-demo-14.bubbleapps.io/algolia-places

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hello @Bohemond

Thanks for reaching out!

In order to understand the cause of your trouble , can you please offer as many details as possible?

Like screenshots of youā€™re workflow setup, of errors, plugin element proprieties, and other elements proprieties, steps to reproduce your use case.
Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,
The plugin works well, I was just confused on the country codes.
Thanks !

1 Like

Hi, @Bohemond!

Itā€™s great that you have managed to sort this out! :smiley:

If you are pleased with our plugin, you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

For you cost nothing for us means the world. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team!

So the Algolia Places has been sunsetted in Nov 2020 :

You canā€™t create a new ID and itā€™ll stop working for existing accounts on May 31st 2022. Unless Iā€™m mistaken that means the Zeroqode plugin is unusable for new users right ? I saw this announcement only after purchasing the plugin, so I would love to know if there is a short-term workaround.

If there isnā€™t, I think the plugin should be taken off the marketplace.

Also what would the replacement be ? Is it just Google Maps ? The only Mapbox plugin Iā€™ve found (also Zeroqode) does maps but not search, I think.

1 Like

Hello, @alix.ladent
Thanks for reaching out.

We are grateful to you for sharing this information with us. Please allow us to analyze it and to revert with a detailed response regarding this point.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Just saw this myself and came to here to ask the same questions as youā€¦need to find a new location search provider

Hello, @boston85719
Thanks for your question.

I would like to note that as a replacement you can use the next ones:

So, you can use any of them, depending on the required function. The general functionality is similar, but some details distinguish these plug-ins from each other.

If I can help you with something else -please be free to contact us.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @alix.ladent
Sorry for my late reply.

Please allow me to add some details regarding the replacement.
You can use both the Mapbox plugin and Google Maps for your application. The main difference is that the MapBox plugin allows you to search ( in your styles & 3D buildings and many other functions inside your bubble app). However, Google Maps will show you additional information regarding some objects (including turn-by-turn navigation, street view, and public transit information).

In case any additional questions will appear, please let us know.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I visited the demo for the mapbox plugin earlier but it didnā€™t seem to have what I was looking for, maybe you can help.

To clarify the features Iā€™m looking for : I just need a search box that can auto-complete addresses queries, and ideally has a reasonably up-to-date business directory with addresses attached. Then the searchbox can return the geographical address, business name, etc for workflows to handle. I donā€™t really need a map display, although it could help further down the line.

Would your Mapbox plugin do that ?

Hello, @alix.ladent
Thanks for these details.

So, allow me to mention, the MapBox plugin is designed more to display the map itself (with different styles, waypoints, and markers).

Please take a look at the pluginā€™s documentation to discover all its features: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/mapbox-maps-plugin

However, I assume that the Google Maps Extended plugin will be more convenient for your needs:

Anyway, if you will have any questions regarding this point - please be free to contact us.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

The demo page appears brokenā€¦

Hello, @christo1

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have Deprecated the ā€œAlgolia placesā€ plugin.
For this reason, unfortunately, the Demo Page of this plugin might not function well.

The plugin was deprecated due to the fact that Algolia Places will disable in March 2022. :warning:

We are sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team