Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Algolia Search: Bubble vs Plugins

Hi all,

After seeing that Bubble has natively integrated Algolia’s search function (albeit reserved for the professional plan), I wondered if upgrading from the personal plan solely for this use case was worth it? There’s some alternative solutions such as the use of plugins. For exampe, @ZeroqodeTeam’s Algolia plugin looks pretty decent from the demo they have on show.

If anyone has used either solutions, can you please explain which you prefer and why, as well as which is more performant (considering the effect of plugins on app performance).

For some context, I’m building a platform which aims to leverage site-wide search. The plan is to merely display autocomplete results in a dropdown menu, however, I’m not too keen on doing this with a repeating group. I know the Search and Autocorrect plugin is another potential alternative but would like to see your expert opinions :smiley:

1 Like

Bumping this

Hey @jamesbond :wave:

Personally I use the Search and Autocorrect for most of my needs. I haven’t had a need to upgrade to Algolia for any reason. Though, I have helped clients setup Algolia.

The plugins were horrific to use. The native Algolia that Bubble has built-in was soooo much easier to setup and use.

The Bubble Algolia that is built-in would be my recommendation if you are going the Algolia route.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

Hello, @jamesbond
Thanks for tagging us :pray:

First of all, please allow us to recommend you to check the documentation for the Algolia Search V. 2.0 plugin:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search

Here you can familiarise yourself with the functionality of the plugin.
However, please note that for using the plugin you’ll need to get the API credentials from Algolia. Create your development account at: https://www.algolia.com/developers/

The plugin comes with a workflow action to send data to Algolia for indexing and then searching through that data in Algolia becomes lightning fast.

We hope that this plugin will suit your needs.
In case of some additional questions will appear - we will be happy to assist you :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for your insight @J805! I have a record of 100,000+ Items which I would like to query so wondered if you think the Search and Autocomplete plugin would be sufficient in handling this without hiccups?

Also, thanks for reaching out with more info @ZeroqodeTeam :smiley:

1 Like

@jamesbond

I recommend doing a test on it with the Search and Autocomplete first to see if it would work with that many items. I have a feeling it should, I would just double check first before you change everything over for yourself. Maybe just do a test page to see if you can get it working.

Hope that helps a bit. :blush:

1 Like

Hi, @jamesbond

Please be free to contact us in case of necessity :slightly_smiling_face:

Please allow us to add some insights regarding this point. Unfortunately, the Bubble itself could not search through that amount of items smoothly. For this case, you can create additional filters and search not for all items, but for the filtered ones.
This trick will speed up the process of searching within your DataBase.

With Algolia Plugin you will search through the Algolia database, as it was mentioned, so you will receive the result quickly and without glitches.

Hope you will be glad by any searching plugin. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like