šŸ” Algolia Search - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thank you for the quick response Levon. But, this demo page doesnā€™t show the geo search functionality.

Iā€™m trying to use Algoliaā€™s aroundLatLng and aroundRadius to filter the search results. The problem iā€™m running into is the plugin doesnā€™t seem to recognize my _geoloc data. I get the following error: [object Object]. Below is an image from Bubble showing the error on fields_list_6: 32%20PM

And here is an image from Algolia showing the _geoloc field:

Hello @amsenge, We will check it, and i will be back with the response.

Thank you,
BR.
Zeroqode team.

Hey, @amsenge did you checkthis out.

And also here is a useful link for you.

Hope it helps you,
Thank you,
BR.

@levon
Iā€™m hoping someone can help me with deleting multiple items from Algolia. When I delete a user in Bubble, I want all their corresponding data in Algolia to be deleted as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello @callidusxi

Thanks for reaching out!

There is a plugin Data Call which can be used to Delete an Object.

The action which is used , by providing the Application ID, Index Name and Object ID.

Hope this helps.
:pray:

Regards ,
Zeroqode Team

How can I access data inside an object?

1 Like

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport, I suppose itā€™s my fault for not being detailed enough-- I know how to delete a single object, but how would I delete multiple objects at one time? So how would I string together multiple object IDs to delete a large amount of data in one workflow action?

Hi guys,

@alexander2, unfortunately, it is not possible to access Algolia data with value as objects with our plugin.

@callidusxi, this action allows to delete a single object only. Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete multiple objects at once.

However, thank you all for the feedback as weā€™ve taken it into account and weā€™ll look into the future possibility of improvements!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Can you show a example of how we can use the data from Algolia to do a local DB search upon click to send the local DB data to a detail page about the product?
I canā€™t get it to work:

@alexander2,

We need to discuss this moment with our dev colleagues. When I have any info on your request, I let you know. Thank you.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

OK, would appreciate a reply quickly as Iā€™m dependent on this.

@alexander2, thank you for your patience.

If I understood your intention correctly, you are trying to use the Algolia data (first search result) as the thing you want to display on your product page detail?

Perhaps, it can work if you remove the :item#Current cellā€™s index. But the data within the basic-productid constraint should be static (listed in your db).

The Algolia Search plugin is used to display the search data within the group/rg/text elements. Iā€™m not sure it can be used the way you want correctly.

If you provide us with more details of what do you want to achieve, using this plugin, it will help us to understand your intention and advice on this matter.

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport,

Itā€™s very simple:

1. The user makes a search
  2. The result from Algolia is displayed in a repeating group
  3. Then I want the user to be able to click one of the results and be taken to a details page about this product
  4. The details page should be populated by the data about this product that I have stored in the local Bubble.io DB, not Algolia.
1 Like

@alexander2,

Unfortunately, no real example we can give at the moment but believe that it should be possible by using Algoliaā€™s search by matching the unique ID of the object from the Bubbleā€™s database , which will have same fields as Algolia database.
Then do a search by comparing the these IDs and then populating with data for the cell .
Hope this helps.

This is more of working with Bubbleā€™s functionality rather than plugin search.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Is there a way to pass more than 1 ā€œaroundLatLngā€ at the same time?
or please suggest other method for my use case example.

Picture1

USE CASE EXAMPLE:
to allow advertiser to advertise their services with one of these options:
(1) state coverage
(2) regional coverage - within the state of (1)

The state has 40 regions, by choosing option (1), advertisers with state wide presence do not have to post the same advert 40 times.

WHAT I AIM TO ACHIEVE:
if am able to pass 2 ā€œaroundLatLngā€ below, both state and regional advert can appear in the result.

(a) 1st aroundLatLng = state geolcation by default
(b) 2nd aroundLatLng = regional geolocation selected by customers

OTHER METHOD I TRIED:
indexing state coverage advert with 40 geolocations but it takes up too much space.
Algolia has a size limitation of 10 ~ 20kb per record, this method is eating up spaces for indexing important descriptions for making the search relevant to customers.

Hello, @hwgz01. Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to indicate more than one value in the aroundLatLng field. The coordinate point that you indicate is considered as the center of the circle, within which the search will be done. You canā€™t indicate 2 central points at the same time.

Please take a look at the Algolia documentation to find more information about the use cases of the aroundLatLng parameter:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Thank you for your quick reply.

However could you think of a method I could achieve the desired search result for my use case?

I also tried using tag in the filter but aroundLatLng seems to supersede filter

Hey Levon and Zero Code team! Iā€™m in the same boat as alexander2 in the sense that I need to display data that is stored in Algolia as objects. Aside from generating quick search results, one of the big values of Algolia is that data can be stored in a non-tabular format (as a collection of nested key-value pairs)ā€¦ and as you know, this is a very common design pattern. My data looks like:

Is there any way at all to get your plugin to be able to populate data in a repeating group from nested algolia search results?

Alternatively, can @aless or @allenyang comment as to whether Bubbleā€™s Algolia search integration is able to display/work with nested key value objects from an Algolia search result? I think I am going to be very sad if it canā€™t :frowning:

**Edit
Can someone confirm - isnā€™t it possible to initiate a custom api call against an Algolia search result, and then use that as a data source in the bubble editor?

1 Like

Hi @zelus_pudding,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this plugin doesnā€™t allow to retrieve key-value objects or nested ones. We have received multiple requests of this feature and weā€™ll look into the possibility for future updates perhaps.

This plugin comes with a data call that can be used, but weā€™re afraid it might break the other functionality as this call is deprecated. However, you could try to build your own APIs by using Bubbleā€™s API Connector plugin, so youā€™ll have the desirable feature working properly with Algolia.

We hope it helps and thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team