🔍 Algolia Search - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Levon, thanks for your message :slight_smile: I did manage to get this working using Algolia’s Rest API and Bubble’s plugin functionality for connecting to APIs. It’s not going to be as quick as if these searches were originating from the client’s browser (since using a plugin makes these calls happen server side) but it will get the job done for now.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi @zelus_pudding,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you’ve already managed to find a solution. If you’d have any other questions in regards to our products, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@hwgz01, apologies for the late reply :pray:

I’m afraid, we can not provide the alternative methods for your idea implementation. Any idea needs testing and proving it’s working capacity/efficiency before being provided to you.
As a variant, you can try to use a dropdown with the different values like “state geolocation” parameter value and “regional geolocation”, and indicate it in the aroundLatLong field as a dynamic value. Once more, this is only a suggestion that needs testing and investigation.

Can you please show an example of your AlgoliaSearch element setup? What parameters you have set? The detailed description of this case - how to reproduce it and the video record of reproducing, will be very helpful.

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@levon is it possible to get recent searches with this plugin ? if no, any chance it will be implemented ? (https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/solutions/gallery/recent-searches/)

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Is there a way to do search insidePolygon with the current version of Algolia’s plugin ?

if yes, is it possible to specify multiple polygons for search at the same time?

Hi, @minh.iae and @hwgz01 !

I’m afraid, the plugin doesn’t support these two options (get recent searches and to do search insidePolygon ) . Anyway, thanks for your feedback! We have taken into consideration your feedback for future updates. We need to see how feasible it is to implement.

@minh.iae , as for your case, I believe you can implement this through bubble functionality saving the search result in the database and then retrieve it.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Thanks @ZeroqodeSupport!

I believe that incorporating insidePolygon will do great help to alot of people using the plugin.

1 Like

@hwgz01, no problem at all :slightly_smiling_face: We always strive to improve our products and we have already taken into consideration the ability to add this feature :wink:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

It’s really great to hear that you are taking insidePolygon into consideration.

Hope all goes well ~! :innocent:

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport hello guyz,
nice plugin you got here.

Yet i am struggling with updating objects when object is an array.
No clue what the syntax should be in this case.

Here is the post i made on your forum about this :

If you could give me a quick tip on this, this would change my life (kinda)

thanks in advance !!

Hello, @pro.sc.conseils

Please find our response in this thread: Algolia Update - object : ARRAYS - Help Needed - Zeroqode Forum

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Does this work on Bubble’s personal plan?

Hello, @jay6. Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, the Algolia Search plugin works on Bubble’s Personal plan. It does not depend, actually, on any subscription plan as per the fact you should have been subscribed only to the plugin and Algolia service.

More info about the plugin setup you can find here:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport.
I have found the plugin very interesting, and while we are running some experiments, we have noticed that we can only use one project simultaneously.

Algolia allows the creation of multiple projects (Applications), and each application has its own APP ID and API key. As the keys of the plugin are added in the plugins tab, we can only use one at a time.

Could the API key and the appid be added to the plugin action, and I can dynamically decide which application to use?

Thanks.

Hello, @yusaney1
Thanks for your appreciation and for your question.

The only possible way for using the information from different projects, using the same APP ID and API keys - to import the information from all projects to one ( all Index information should be collected in one app).

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to dynamically decide which application will be used by the plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello! I have a very important question, how can I make the search happen in Russian and the text is entered in English and on the turnover, as I know algolia does not support transliteration. This is very important for my project(

• Apple - Фззду - (This russian translite)
  • Яблоко - Z,kjrj - (This english translite)

Hi Levon, does your plugin needs one’s bubble app plan to be Professional and above to work?

1 Like

Hello, @abdullahi.alfa
Thanks for your question.

Please note that due to the fact this plugin uses API Workflows, you need to subscribe to, at least, Personal Subscription Plan.
Here you can find the comparison between all the plans: Pricing | Bubble

In order to analyze all plugin actions and calls, please check the documentation for it: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search

In case of any additional questions will appear - let us know.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team

Hello, @kurban290697
Thanks for your question.

Indeed, most search engines don’t support transliteration natively, same for Algolia.
The best way to handle such a use-case is to enrich your objects with the transliterated attributes before sending them to the search engine.

We will check if it would be possible to improve this plugin feature and will revert to you once will have a result.

Thanks for the understanding.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team

1 Like