Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🔍 Algolia Search - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, @hwgz01. Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to indicate more than one value in the aroundLatLng field. The coordinate point that you indicate is considered as the center of the circle, within which the search will be done. You can’t indicate 2 central points at the same time.

Please take a look at the Algolia documentation to find more information about the use cases of the aroundLatLng parameter:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Thank you for your quick reply.

However could you think of a method I could achieve the desired search result for my use case?

I also tried using tag in the filter but aroundLatLng seems to supersede filter

Hey Levon and Zero Code team! I’m in the same boat as alexander2 in the sense that I need to display data that is stored in Algolia as objects. Aside from generating quick search results, one of the big values of Algolia is that data can be stored in a non-tabular format (as a collection of nested key-value pairs)… and as you know, this is a very common design pattern. My data looks like:

Is there any way at all to get your plugin to be able to populate data in a repeating group from nested algolia search results?

Alternatively, can @aless or @allenyang comment as to whether Bubble’s Algolia search integration is able to display/work with nested key value objects from an Algolia search result? I think I am going to be very sad if it can’t :frowning:

**Edit
Can someone confirm - isn’t it possible to initiate a custom api call against an Algolia search result, and then use that as a data source in the bubble editor?

1 Like

Hi @zelus_pudding,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this plugin doesn’t allow to retrieve key-value objects or nested ones. We have received multiple requests of this feature and we’ll look into the possibility for future updates perhaps.

This plugin comes with a data call that can be used, but we’re afraid it might break the other functionality as this call is deprecated. However, you could try to build your own APIs by using Bubble’s API Connector plugin, so you’ll have the desirable feature working properly with Algolia.

We hope it helps and thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey Levon, thanks for your message :slight_smile: I did manage to get this working using Algolia’s Rest API and Bubble’s plugin functionality for connecting to APIs. It’s not going to be as quick as if these searches were originating from the client’s browser (since using a plugin makes these calls happen server side) but it will get the job done for now.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi @zelus_pudding,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you’ve already managed to find a solution. If you’d have any other questions in regards to our products, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@hwgz01, apologies for the late reply :pray:

I’m afraid, we can not provide the alternative methods for your idea implementation. Any idea needs testing and proving it’s working capacity/efficiency before being provided to you.
As a variant, you can try to use a dropdown with the different values like “state geolocation” parameter value and “regional geolocation”, and indicate it in the aroundLatLong field as a dynamic value. Once more, this is only a suggestion that needs testing and investigation.

Can you please show an example of your AlgoliaSearch element setup? What parameters you have set? The detailed description of this case - how to reproduce it and the video record of reproducing, will be very helpful.

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@levon is it possible to get recent searches with this plugin ? if no, any chance it will be implemented ? (https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/solutions/gallery/recent-searches/)

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Is there a way to do search insidePolygon with the current version of Algolia’s plugin ?

if yes, is it possible to specify multiple polygons for search at the same time?

Hi, @minh.iae and @hwgz01 !

I’m afraid, the plugin doesn’t support these two options (get recent searches and to do search insidePolygon ) . Anyway, thanks for your feedback! We have taken into consideration your feedback for future updates. We need to see how feasible it is to implement.

@minh.iae , as for your case, I believe you can implement this through bubble functionality saving the search result in the database and then retrieve it.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Thanks @ZeroqodeSupport!

I believe that incorporating insidePolygon will do great help to alot of people using the plugin.

1 Like

@hwgz01, no problem at all :slightly_smiling_face: We always strive to improve our products and we have already taken into consideration the ability to add this feature :wink:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

It’s really great to hear that you are taking insidePolygon into consideration.

Hope all goes well ~! :innocent:

1 Like

hello @minh.iae and everyone!

Thanks for your feedback and support! :pray:

We’ve updated the plugin with new option to use recent searches using Algolia plugin. Please upgrade to latest version of plugin, place the Simple Algolia element on page and start using the action in workflow.

Check our documentation for more info how it set - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search#plugin-actions
Also see our demo page: https://zeroqode-demo-11.bubbleapps.io/algolia_easy_search

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

@ZeroqodeSupport hello guyz,
nice plugin you got here.

Yet i am struggling with updating objects when object is an array.
No clue what the syntax should be in this case.

Here is the post i made on your forum about this :

If you could give me a quick tip on this, this would change my life (kinda)

thanks in advance !!

Hello, @pro.sc.conseils

Please find our response in this thread: Algolia Update - object : ARRAYS - Help Needed - Zeroqode Forum

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Does this work on Bubble’s personal plan?

Hello, @jay6. Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, the Algolia Search plugin works on Bubble’s Personal plan. It does not depend, actually, on any subscription plan as per the fact you should have been subscribed only to the plugin and Algolia service.

More info about the plugin setup you can find here:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport.
I have found the plugin very interesting, and while we are running some experiments, we have noticed that we can only use one project simultaneously.

Algolia allows the creation of multiple projects (Applications), and each application has its own APP ID and API key. As the keys of the plugin are added in the plugins tab, we can only use one at a time.

Could the API key and the appid be added to the plugin action, and I can dynamically decide which application to use?

Thanks.