🔎 Algolia Search V2.0 - Major Plugin Update from Zeroqode

Is it possible use this to set a custom state? I downloaded the other algolia plugin but now want to use this one due to issues with the other one. with teh other one I exported the data from Bubble and uploaded CSV to Algolia. Linked API. Getting great results in a repeating group. Repeating group displaying fields 1 - 5 have added a check box in each cell but now having trouble saving the field1 value

How do you select an item from your list of results to add to a custom state? I exported the data from Bubble and uploaded CSV to Algolia. Linked API. Getting great results in a repeating group. Repeating group displaying fields 1 - 5 have added a check box in each cell but now having trouble saving the field1 value

Hello @CRi77y-T,

Thank you for getting in touch :pray:

While we’re not entirely clear on your specific use case or requirements, you can configure the result of Algolia searches to be stored in a custom state. Below, we’ve included some screenshots showing how we set this up on our end.

Screenshots

We encourage you to experiment with the plugin, and we hope it helps you achieve what you’re looking for!

Should you run into any issues or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us here on the forum or by email at support@zeroqode.com.

Best regards :sunflower:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, However your suggestion adds the results of the search to a set state I only want to add some of the results from a an RG example the item with the checked box

Hello @CRi77y-T,

Thank you for providing those additional details!

Yes, you can still store the information in a custom state. When you want to save a simple text from the RG, ensure the custom state is of the Text type (probably this is the reason you get an error when setting up “Parent group’s text”. A crucial note here is that “Parent group’s text” will only fetch information from “field1” or the one you have added in the Repeating Group

Additionally, you can use dynamic data such as “AlgoliaSimpleSearch’s Result’s fieldX:item #Current Cell’s index”, where X represents the field you wish to store. This method will capture the information of the current cell based on the specific field you’re interested in saving.

Please continue to experiment and discover the setup that best meets your needs :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hello @mack2580,

I hope you’re well and appreciate your patience as we worked on a solution :pray:.

I’m excited to share that in the latest update of the Algolia Search plugin - version 3.61.0 - we’ve introduced a new setting called “Filter Unique Items.”

This feature allows you to specify a field within you Algolia Index for which you want to receive only unique items. The plugin will then ensure that only unique items are returned in the plugin element, enabling you to display items as you previously indicated.

It’s important to note that Algolia differentiates between text/numbers encapsulated in quotation marks and plain numbers. Therefore, an entry with 123 and another with “123” are considered distinct and both will be returned.

To access this new feature, please update the plugin by navigating to the “plugins” tab in your Bubble editor, selecting the plugin, and choosing the latest version from the dropdown menu.

We’d love to hear your feedback after implementing this update in your application. Let us know if everything is functioning as expected or if you encounter any issues!

Looking forward to your response :blush:

Best regards :sunflower:

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport
I have a search page where a user may use it to search for results multiple times. After the initial search that returns a result, when the next search has no result, there is no way for me to know. The plugin’s result doesn’t get refreshed with blank result. If a search has no result, the plugin still has the result from the last search that has the result, which can be many searches ago. I am not able to show the user a message that there is not result for the search. What can I do?

Steps to reproduce

• On a search page, search for something, e.g. iphone, that returns result.
  • Do a search again on something that has no result, e.g. abcde
  • The plugin’s result still contain the result from the 1st search (iphone).

On Algolia, you can see that my configuration can show 0 result.

Hello @net-tt,

Thank you for reaching out to us again!

We’ll discuss with the developers how to handle scenarios where the plugin returns no results, allowing you to display a message on your page that there are no existing records in your index. We will provide you with more information as soon as it becomes available.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us :pray:.

Best regards :hibiscus:

1 Like