Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Allow a page to subscribe to changes created by an API endpoint

I wonder if the Bubble team has plans to integrate an easy way for a page to subscribe to changes created by an API endpoint…

Could you give a bit more detail about what you want to do? Sounds like a webhook situation or potentially scheduling actions via API workflow, both already supported.

Thanks @romanmg for your interest.

I would like to update a state based on the workflow API.

The only solution I am aware of is for the external process to call the API worflow, then the workflow update the BD and finally you have your web page registers on change (when the condition becomes true).

I found this way too complicated. There should be an easy way.

If this is a webhook situation, where the app needs to receive a notification from an external service, that’s going to be your best flow. External Service > Endpoint > Database > Page State Change. Endpoints and custom states on pages can’t talk to each other directly because endpoints aren’t a part of any page - they have no access to elements, just the database.

Otherwise, if you can have the app be the active agent here and call the service via API Connector, then you can have a more immediate response for states. For example: Do when condition is true - only when - get data from external API is XYZ > set state.

It is passive App. For now, I will go with External Service > Endpoint > Database > Page State Change.

Ideally, I would prefer Endpoint > Page State Change.

I am not sure why Bubble team limited this capability. @emmanuel?

Thanks