Allowing Users to Post or Embed Audio

Hello Forum!

I hope you are well. I am currently trying to create a function where mt users cant upload their own audio content or embed a SoundCloud link to share their content.

Here’s a link to the specific feature I’m trying to replicate from my prototype.

Right now I have an input where a user can paste SoundCloud HTML in an input and the post draws from that date (although I haven’t succeeded in making this work yet lol) . The pros of embedding content instead of uploading would be that users would be able to lock their screen while still listening to audio content.

Is there a solution that I maybe have overlooked when searching? Ive been scouring the forums as well as YouTube but haven’t found something to solve my issue just yet.

Side note:

I’m new! Hi everyone. I’ve been working on my startup Juxt for the past couple years and just had my third technical cofounder bail on me. I’ve looked to bubble as a solution to get my mvp out and it seems to be a great option so far. Feel free to check out what we’re building at juxt.me.

Thanks a ton!

1 Like

Hey Brian. Welcome to the Bubble forums!

I let my users record and embed audio in my app as a chat feature. I use Pipe which was the best way for me in terms of cost and functionality. The HTML embed can be set up with a custom payload, which I use to trigger a workflow through a webhook that adds new recordings to the user that created them (by sending their unique ID in the payload).

If that’s all Chinese to you, just let me know and I’ll explain more! Check out the price first because you might not want to pay $50 a month for Pipe. Otherwise there are plugins (I think @levon made one with Zeroqode) that you can try.

1 Like

Hello @richardosborne14!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this, It’s been a bit of a work week but I’m diving back into this problem over the weekend. It;'s a bit of Chinese to me unfortunately but as far as the $50 a month price, that’s not too bad especially if it functions pretty week with the features you described as well as work in the context I need.

If you don’t mind, I’d love to get some more information on how you implemented this and in the mean time I’ll do my homework. I’m currently going through the bubble lessons as well as a Udemy course to get myself more acquainted with the ecosystem.

Thank you!

Hey Brian,

Basically when you’re at the point of testing it out, and you have your Pipe subscription, let me know and we can set up a Skype so I can show you how to set it up. Otherwise I can type out a guide on the forum, let me know what you’d prefer.

Hi @richardosborne14 ,
I would LOVE a guide on the Forum, I’d really appreciate it!
I’m trying to create a Bubble app with a user community who can record, sort, annotate (tag/describe) and delete their own audio files, and listen to those of others (with paywall).
I’d love to understand what I’d need to do to make it work with AddPipe and Bubble. Any effort is really appreciated from my end!!