Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

An efficient way to limit on page load 1 time per day

Hi everyone,

This app captures the last login date. I have a page load workflow that should only run once per day. What might be an “Only when expression” to restrict the action from executing more than once a day if the page is loaded multiple times?

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Hey @jasonturo :wave:

We have a video on our eLearning Hub that checks something once a day called a Streak Counter that would probably help you.

Basically, it adds a field that is a date (rounded down to day) and checks the current day (rounded down to day). If it is different, then you would run the workflow. Otherwise, you would not run the workflow.

Does that make sense? Hope that helps! :blush:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

That is similar to what I was attempting to write it, however, current date/time is not allowing to round down at the end of the expression in this case. Must be a small tweak to make?

Suppose could simply use an element on the page, current date/time: rounded down to day and reference that element. Doesnt seem the most efficient by having another element but it would provide the referenced time. What do you think?

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.54.47 PM

Yeah. Javier did a good job explaining in the video that when you save the date to the field originally, you save it rounded down to day. Then you don’t have to round down to day again except for the current date part. Hope that makes sense. :blush:

Thanks, buddy.

1 Like

Why on earth would you need to do this? Pages are pages. They are there to load. I suspect you’ve got your cart in front of your horse. What are you actually trying to do?

Yes the page will still load. The action to run on page load would have the condition “Only when it has not already been run for that day.”

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.