Any idea on if something like this is build-able on Bubble?

Hi guys,

I’m very new to Bubble, and I do have an idea of what I want to build, but I would love to get your guidance on if something like this can be built on Bubble before I get started.

This will be an image overlay tool that allows users to select from a library of images, text, and other attributes and then have those elements overlaying each other (it’s almost like a meme generator), like the screenshot below. They can then add the final product into their Library and/or download it.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.26.02 AM

After that, users will have a Profile page, they can organize these “digital collectibles slabs” by different categories such as “Collectibles”, “Comics”, or create custom collections and then bring/duplicate the slabs they have created into the new locations (their own Collectibles, Comics, or custom collection pages). The inputs that went into creating these slabs will then be used for the filters/sorting. Users can remove slabs, or write description for them in the individual pages for these slabs.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.39.01 AM

Then users can share the slabs to the feed so others can like and comment. Other users can come into their profiles and view these collections and slabs, and maybe leave a message.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.38.50 AM

I hope that gives you a good sense of what I’m trying to build and I hope you can give me some guidance on if something like this is doable on Bubble. Thank you so much guys!

Absolutely!

There are many ways to do this, but I’d probably do it using a group with the image inside of it and then the overlays in a group over the image. Then use one of the several group screenshot plugins to screenshot the parent group, generating a new image that includes all layers.

You can also use one of the drag and drop plugins if you need the layered elements to be positionable.

2 Likes

I did this on a mass scale doing 10k NFT project generations + contract generation, absolutely possible.

1 Like

Hi @aj11, thank you so much for your response! So to clarify (sorry because I’m very new to this), I will be able to set up all the options for the overlays (text, images, etc), and set fixed dimensions/parameters/positions so there’s consistency in all elements, and they allow users to choose from filters and then the images will be created correspondingly, right? Would it be possible for all the inputs (options users choose) be saved into the database?

Regarding the drag and drop plugins, that will work for the final images/slabs that users created and saved in their library, right?

One last question if you don’t mind, would it be possible to allow users to send/duplicate the finished slabs they have in their own library to other folders (in my case would be like different pages/custom collection that they can create to better organize their collectibles)?

Once again, I really appreciate it!

Hi Chris, thanks for sharing! Do you mind sharing some reading materials or YouTube videos you have referred to for your project?

All self built, unfortunately don’t have anything of that nature. I’ll tell you it’s far easier to do with HTML element and :formatted as operator than it is pure bubble if you’re building on the front end.

If it’s backend and save then custom plugin for generation is best.

If it’s mass scale like mine was and you need speed then an external google cloud script is best. If mass scale is required and speed isn’t required you can do it all in bubble.

In the end we allowed for layering unlimited number of images, based on category order, basically taking 100s of assets in multiple categories and turning into 10k+ unique images. Also allowed for color filters, hue changes on specific layers, and custom sizing, and much more.

I do consulting if it’s something you need help setting up just shoot me a DM.

1 Like

Everything you’ve mentioned here is possible. In fact, there are 100s, even 1000s, of different ways to accomplish these things in Bubble.

How to build these features is another question entirely. Nothing you’ve mentioned is that complicated, but you’re probably not going to find any step-by-step guides anywhere to do what you want. That would be kind of like expecting there to be a guide on how to create a unique piece of artwork.

You’ll need to really immerse yourself in the process of app building in Bubble, getting to understand how everything works, and then creatively problem-solve towards what you want. Learn the tools for making art, the brushes, the paints, etc. Then you’ll be able to do what you want.

4 Likes

Where you mention the googl cloud script what d you mean. Is this where the images are stored instead of in the bubble db