Any ideas on how to build a DAW?

Hello,

Im working on a new DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), like FL Studio, Ableton etc for music artists, producers and engineers to create songs with with a focus on collaboration.

Im not expecting someone to lay out the whole blueprint but does anyone have quick thoughts or ideas on how I should/would go about building this?

Any plug ins, APIs I would need?

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

My initial thought (I’m an ACID user) is that you can’t use Bubble to create a DAW.

Not even sure you could get MIDI to work.

thank you for your response!

Shouldn’t midi be possible for a app via a wrapper?
http://forum.bubble.io/t/the-great-wrapper-debate/77798/8?u=james.k.grover

And maybe for a web-app via html5? Think non-bubble sites like these have it?

I’m def not convinced you’d be able to build a fully featured DAW but i think simple interfaces might be possible… im guessing a challenge would be getting multiple streams of audio to start plying exactly at the same time so they stay in sync.

I would probably look at JUCE if i was gunna try to build a full featured DAW. I’m hoping to put a simple midi output and a 2 track audio recorder in a future bubble app though…

Loads of ideas. I’m on my phone now so let’s chat later!

1 Like

I think you might be right. It is an interesting idea.

1 Like

I’ve played with this as well. The most important plugin you need is an audio plugin that will allow great control over playing audio files.

I think that HTML5 plugin is the best one as of late… unless some whipper snapper pumped out a new snazzy upgrade!

Sincerely,

Ashley