Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Any performance tips for this simple page?

Smaller repeating group perhaps? Any other suggestions? Any performance checklist I should look at? I’ve checked Google PageSpeed Insights and frankly I think it’s an issue with Bubble deployment environment.

The lagging between page is not a good look. And there appears to be no caching - I can load that page, wait 3-8 seconds for a full render and then immediately hit refresh and have the same wait. I’ve never seen that before.

Best case is first and subsequent loads are <1s.
Not so good case is first load is slow but all subsequent are fast
This feels like the worst case - every page load is slow

This page is not crazy. No images. A few icons. A repeating group.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

I also have an email into @Bubble support.

Yeah I would definitely suggest a smaller repeating group with perhaps a button “show more” to load the rest of the data. It’s irrelevant to load more than 1x or 2x what the screen height can display IMHO.

3 Likes

props to the simplicity.

In case you do not know how:
The way to do the show more thing:
use fixed nr of cells: 15 rows for RG
Use do a search for(your data) : items until 15.
for row 15, make your group in RG not show using "if current cells index is 15). instead show a more button using "If current cells index is 15: use that for the next 15.

Consider a landing page with no RG. And where you preselect category to go to the page you have, so it is not an RG with 0 constraints but where post category = X

i know this is tough. it is slow this stuff on bubble…

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that. But re “irrelevant” … if a user scrolls quickly on their phone are they waiting 1-2 seconds for each “batch” of records to render?

Thanks. Bubble shoaled handle this for us imo. Figure out my viewport and optimize fetches accordingly.