API Connector showing error

I’m trying to create a custom workflow using the Mailchimp API. I’ve found a great tutorial here but I keep on getting the following error when I try to initialise the call.

Raw response for the API
Status code 405
{“type”:“https://mailchimp.com/developer/marketing/docs/errors/",“title”:"Method Not Allowed”,“status”:405,“detail”:“The requested method and resource are not compatible. See the Allow header for this resource’s available methods.”,“instance”:“c045564b-8922-d96f-0db3-068fe5d24ab7”}

I’m following the tutorial but it’s not working. Attached is a screenshot of my settings

I’m sorry if I misunderstood you, but it seams to me that your intention is to retrieve data, yet your selected method is PUT. Maybe try it with GET, or POST?

And while you’re at it, please consider un-selecting the “Private” option, so you can dinamically define those fields when creating a new Workflow.

BTW I’m guessing another problem will occur, just a bit a head… Authentication select in the image is “None or self-handled”, but just bellow you provide a private key in header, so I think you should change the Authentication method too, to better fit the case.

I hope I helped you. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply! The intention is add a user to a list in mailchimp so I THINK I’m supposed to use PUT or POST :thinking:

I’m really not sure what I should set for Authentication, Key Name and Key Value. The various things I try based on documentation I find are not working. Would you be able to shed some light on this?

1 Like

Have had a quick look for you…

You should be able to authenticate using either HTTP basic auth or Bearer Authentication. The above method you are using for authentication, from what I can see, looks pretty good. I haven’t used MailChimp myself, but the docs seem to point to the above.

For adding users to a list, it looks like you should be using the following, which is a POST method, rather than PUT as you initially had.

You should provide the List ID as a path parameter, as you are above.

You then need to provide an email and status, within the body itself :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes