API Connector - use most JSON APIs directly from Bubble

Another vote for OAuth! Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Iā€™m voting too, clients are asking features that require oAuth.

3 Likes

I wonder if this helps.

It has a Firebase plugin.

https://auth0.com

2 Likes

@georgeciobanu Hello George, would it be possible to select ā€œBothā€ without creating twice the same API call ?

Whow would a call be both? Action does something, data reads something? It sounds a bit dangerous to have a get data from API perform an action, it can get called more than once.

yes i just figued out my mistake, I was about to del my postā€¦ My bad.

1 Like

I figuered out dates get from Stripe are in the 1970s

@emmanuel Would it be possible to Convert Unix timestamp date to the bubble Date/time format ? Any integer in the range 6.10^8 - 2.10^9 (something btw 1990 - 2030) would very likely be a Unix timestamp.

and maybe also to be able to encode date in this format so we can pass this as query parameter ?

That one is a bit tricky currently (having each field have itā€™s own function to transform the data). Stripe is not super standard.

@emmanuel would it be possible to enable the use of dynamic data in the API URL? For example http://api.company.com/dynamicfield/entries
Many APIs require variables to be sent as part of URL (For example userID, etc.) right now itā€™s a big bottleneck for implementing connections to such APIs.
Please advise
Thanks,

1 Like

@levon, you just have to set the url as ā€œclient safeā€ to use dynamic data in it

3 Likes

Ah shoot, of course! How could i miss that ? :slight_smile: thanks a lot @Diego

1 Like

One idea related to OAuth support: it would be a potential first step to test drive the ā€œplugin marketplaceā€ idea.

Letā€™s say I use the API Connector with OAuth to integrate my app with Twitter. Iā€™d have the calls and data types written and ready to go for anyone else that needed it. Theyā€™d just need to swap in their own consumer key/secret, similar to how the Bubble Facebook plugin works today.

The Bubble team would need a way for users to copy the calls and data setup into their own apps, but this would open up a lot of possibilities.

Right now Bubble builds sponsored features, but the team has a backlog and finite resources. If they opened this up to the community, users could sponsor features and others could complete the requests by building API integrations. It would put the community to work for Bubble :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We need an organized sponsorship.

I am trying to use the API Connector to retrieve a product from Stripe. Arrays within arrays would be awesome, but I assume thatā€™s complicated. On the next version, I would definitely put that on the list.

That said, how can I display the images from a product Iā€™m calling? Stripe returns a list of URLā€™s. Can I not access these because they are in a list?

https://poloniex.com/support/api/

Help needed: How can I use the trading Api methods in the above link using the bubble api connector ?

When I try to append the url with dynamic data it clears the entire URL. Iā€™ve tried highlighting the URL section I need the data in, clicking at the end of the URL. It always clears the entire thing.

EDIT: Finally got it to work, but wow that can be frustrating. You should just be able to select where you want the data, then hit the Insert Button.

1 Like

Hi where did you enabled that feature? URL as a parameter, because I have the same issue with the sketchfab API:
Here is the GET URL: https://api.sketchfab.com/v2/models/{uid}/status?token={token}

the ā€œuidā€ field.

Thanks a lot.

If you check the box ā€˜client safeā€™ youā€™ll be able to make the URL dynamic

1 Like

Wondering what would be the best way to track state back and forth via API calls to my logic so I can keep this logic tied to a specific Current User. For example, suppose I made some calculations and I want to track those for when the User returns in a week, so the User can pick up from there. I can save info in my own db but what is best practice for sending back and forth info about the Current User in a secure way so my db/backend knows what to retrieve for the Bubble User? Also, what if I need to do much of this aspect of my app in an html element? Thanks for any pointers. Really enjoying Bubble.