API Transaction verification

Hi Bubblers

I’m having a challenge here and asking for some help, a different perspective.
I need to verify and create a thing on my bubble database after payment has been completed. I’m using flutterwave as a payment gateway API. and big thanks to @nocodeventure the API.

I have created a Backend workflow Endpoint to verify the transaction and create a thing on my DB.

All my settings seem correct, I’ve re-checked to see if I didn’t skip something, but all seem good. I can even successfully Initialize my API call. (see below)

My problem is that I cannot get the dynamic data back from the transaction. I can see the transaction on my API dashboard, though.
this is my Endpoint

To test my Endpoint and to confirm that is working as set, I set the below as a test:

This my Dashboard API

And this is the Bubble DB

I just can’t seem to get the dynamic data from the transaction.

Can you share the editor? I can take a quick look at it…

The “Modify Types” is not clickable because it was never properly initialized, Did you hit save at the bottom when you initialized it?

Hi @shawnmi6

Yes I did save after initialized the api.

You should try it again because the modify type should be available to you once its properly initialized

If you re-initialized it and it still doesn’t save, you can file a bug report with Bubble and for the time being, you can use the manual param options. I am assuming you only need the status param?

Thanks @shawnmi6for having a look, I have re-initialized it a couple a time again and again but no luck.

If you also can’t see anything wrong, I think I will delete the verification call and recreate it and give it another shot.

This is the button that starts a transaction, this is the information that it should capture and send.

thank you for your help.

You available for a quick zoom call?

Yes ofcose

herwith my email mxolisipn@gmail.com fo can invite

How did everything go fellas? You should initialize the data again. Request data is only empty if the api hasn’t been initialized.

Have you checked if your api endpoint has public access?

@mxolisipn The plugin has a seperate workflow available for transaction verification. It’s called ‘Verify Transaction’. You can verify the txref returned from Flutterwave with this call.

I can have a look whenever needed. You can book a meeting with me at calendly.com/nocodeventure

p.s. thanks for the support @mxolisipn. I’m working on the documentation this weekend.

Hi @nocodeventure

With help from @shawnmi6 lead, I now got some data returned, but I cannot really use the data.
This is the data I get back. no body status.

@nocodeventure is it possible that I can get the below dynamic data from the transaction verify so I can create a new thing with it in the data type.

Another tricky thing is that when I Reinitialize call from the bubble API Connector, I do get a body status “success”. but this status is not available to create a new thing.

As for the meeting booking, I will book a meeting for Monday.

Thanks

1 Like

I will check it out this weekend so we can get this working for you asap. Looking forward to talking on Monday :wink:

Hi @mxolisipn, just a question, but why you are capturing the headers in the call?

Have you tested this call in an external API processor like Postman or similar? Sometimes they are very useful to understand where the data disappear.

Hello bubblers,

I have the same issue experienced by @mxolisipn .
I want to use stripe webhook. It seems that I have correctly initialize the end point. It automatically detected data and I can modify it. I have also created a Backend workflow Endpoint to verify the transaction and create a thing on my DB and it did but fields with request data remains empty.

I hope you’ll be able to help.

Thank you very much.

Try to check the “ignore privacy rules” checkbox in the endpoint settings, and generate a test webhook on Stripe side.

Also, have you removed the “/initialize” part of the webhook URL on stripe side? You can share a screenshot of the Stripe webhook config if you want and can, it would help.

I have a video documentation explaining the details on the link below

1 Like