Assessing Compatibility Within Users

Hello All,

I am building a service marketplace platform, and I want provide users with a “compatibility percentage” based on interests. Multiple users are meant to purchase an item together, and therefore they need to know if the other users are a good fit. For example, I have created around 20 checkboxes which users can select, User A is looking to purchase an item that User B is also interested in. User A has checked 18/20 of the same checkboxes as User B and therefore share a compatibility of 90%.

I do not want User A to see the checkboxes User B has selected, and only show the “compatibility percentage” . How would I go about doing this? If anyone can recommend any videos that would be appreciated

Hi there, @enrique.barco96… one way I can think of to do what you have described involves a field on the User data type that stores a list that corresponds to a user’s selected checkboxes. If each user has such a list, it would be easy to assess the compatibility of two users by doing a count of the interest between their lists. For example, if the list field is called interests list, the expression would be User A's interests list intersect with User B's interest list:count / 20.

Any of that make sense? Hope it helps, even if it’s just food for thought.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Yes this makes sense, thanks for sharing. Do you have any youtube videos that could further explain how to build it?

Best,
Enrique

Hey @enrique.barco96 :wave: Welcome to the Bubble Community! :tada:

Sounds like @mikeloc has a good idea. :+1:

There are always more than one way to do things too. I just wanted to through another idea into the hat.

If you want, here is one alternative that you can use numbers instead of yes/no fields. Then you can use this ranked by functionality.

Check it out: Can someone help explain :ranked by? - #3 by J805

Lots of possibilities there.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials

Hi J805,

Thanks for your message. Would you happen to have a video that demonstrated how to set up the data types and UI/UX to use ranked by?

Unfortunately, it is not entirely clear to me based on the description

Best,
Enrique

Hey @enrique.barco96 :wave:

I might be able to add this to our paid eLearning Hub this week or next. I will let you know when I post it. :+1: