Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Assign Status To Employee In Particular Event

Hello dear friends! I am new to Bubble, currently building CRM, and stuck on the following.

There are things called “Report” and “Employees”. Before submitting the report, you can add employees and customers to the report from the repeating group. In each field in the repeating group, next to each employee, there is the drop-down option to choose whether the employee was Initiator of the incident or not Yes/No. I need this option to be linked to a particular employee in each report so later when i do a search, i would be able to make a search for all reports by employee ID/Name and find all reports particular employee was involved with Initiator “YES” status. By the way the field Employees in report is a List Of Things. Please help, thanks in advance!

Video of my app on YOUTUBE

Hi there, @vladlen.biz… if I understand your post correctly, I don’t think you can save the employees that have been added to a report as a list of things on the report because you won’t be able to designate the initiator status per employee per report. If that sounds like what you are trying to do, I believe you would need a new data type that stores the association between an employee and a report, and that data type would have a field that stores the employee’s initiator status for the associated report.

Anyway, apologies if I misunderstood your post and totally missed the mark there, but I hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

Hello @mikeloc,
Thanks for your response! You got it right. I think the same, the list of employees don’t work for me.

“I believe you would need a new data type that stores the association between an employee and a report, and that data type would have a field that stores the employee’s initiator status for the associated report.” - That is exactly what I need to do, but it’s been one week since I started to work on this issue, and still cannot figure out how to make this (

How to create a thing - I know, but how to make an association between report, employee and designate employee status, cannot figure it out (((

When the employees are selected, how are you showing them in the bottom repeating group? I assume you are using a custom state?

Yes that’s right I use Custom State

The thought that comes to mind is to create the report when the Submit Report button is clicked. Then, run a recursive backend workflow that creates a thing in the new data type by looping through the list of employees in the custom state in order to associate each employee with the newly-created report. The wrinkle is the initiator status, of course, and I think you are going to have to try to do something with another custom state and also use that state in the recursive workflow. Unless I am missing something, it’s a tricky one for sure.

If you want some help working through it and you are willing to share your editor (privately), I’m up for trying to help.

The report is created when Submit Report button is clicked.
I am into Bubble and programming for only a month or so, and Recursive Backend Workflow sound to me like a Rocket Science :rofl:
Thanks a lot for the advice!!! I do not mind sharing editor privately. I will share it with you now, but for time being i will try to learn and understand something about Recursive Backend Workflow