Attaching pdf (generated and uploaded by me) to email being sent automatically

I would like to upload a pdf I have created and attach it to emails being sent automatically from my landing page. I’m using the basic send email function available through the workflow. I understand how to upload a pdf and can it in the files section but do not seem able to attach it to an email that is being sent automatically. The emails themselves are functioning (sending automatically upon user providing name/email). I’ve looked in the manual and so on but cannot seem to find the answer; apologies if this should be obvious.

You can reference the URL of the uploaded PDF in the basic send email function (see below), but you can’t attach anything in that workflow - it’s just not an option offered. Would you like to hear an alternative?

CleanShot 2023-07-13 at 22.10.01

Thanks very much. I would very much like to hear an alternative if you don’t mind.

Using this Postmark plugin will allow you to attach files (Postmark is a transactional email engine). The downside is that it’s super slow (4+ seconds load time), so if you’re using this on a page workflow, just make a backend workflow where sending a Postmark email is the only action that way you’re not holding users back for 4-5 seconds.

The one caveat is that the Postmark app only wants lists of files. So here’s the workaround:

CleanShot 2023-07-13 at 23.25.50

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.