Audio Recorder - New Plugin from Zeroqode

yes, please try first to reinstall the plugin, then check again our demo page for AWS plugin and documentation for it. then if it still doesn’t work, please post in a separate thread with detailed screenshots of your plugin settings and associated workflows.
Thanks!

Any update on limiting duration? This would be a really helpful feature. Is there a way to do it in Bubble even though the plugin doesn’t support that feature?

With the help of ‘states’ you have to enter the date at the beginning of the record with the action ‘start record’ and enter it at the end, then make the difference (in seconds). It’s working well.

@JohnMark So this wouldn’t be able to happen in real-time correct? Like they have would have to stop the recording and then you would calculate how long it was and then not allow it to upload? Any way you can think to just cut off the recording after 30 seconds?

Hi @seth.griffin,

Real time.

@JohnMark Right, but they have to end the recording before you can calculate the duration. So if I wanted to force a recording to end at 30 seconds no matter what I don’t think that’d be possible with your current setup. Right?

Not yet, but you can sponsor the feature if you really need it with Zeroqode.

@seth.griffin the plugin returns the current playback position, maybe you could use it in the workflow “do when” and then stop the playback when the value is greater or equal 30?

@levon +1 to add it. It’s true for the audio player :wink:

would you guys be willing to sponsor this so we assign a higher priority?

Hey @levon. If I use this plugin in my Bubble app would it work if I converted it to a web-view native app like this: https://zeroqode.com/native

Thanks!
Paul

Hello there, @pauljamess so on it should work fine, but for this you need to change permissions to allow access to microphone.

Thank you for reaching out.
BR,
Nik

1 Like

Hi Nik @ZeroqodeSupport

Do you say that in Xcode give permission will give access to the audio recorder plugin? Do you have an example to show? If it is the case, I don’t need the native recorder?

1 Like

Interesting development… @levon are you able to confirm?

Hello everyone, really sorry for late here.

Not 100% sure the iOS’s XCode, since there is always a limitation about the OS and their policies.
However via Android Studio, there seems to be a possibility by opening the permissions inside the manifest.

Thanks for understanding,

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Hi Team :slight_smile: @ZeroqodeSupport

I tried but it resets the page when I hit the record.

@JohnMark Hello.

Sorry for late response.
We’ll check this behavior, and provide an update on the matter.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Hello @JohnMark

Sorry for the wait, and thanks for patience.
We’ve tested the plugin inside Native Solution -https://zeroqode.com/native; with the latest version it works out the box just fine, once you’ve opened permissions access by the app. If the you’ve block/deny access when app asks permissions it will throw an error as there was a blocked permission to specific module (i.e microphone) .
We couldn’t replicate the issue with reset page when record is clicked. In order to debug further will need more details, step by step reproduction, screenshots, access to the app, etc.
Thanks for understanding.
Please note: Here we’re talking about Android Version which was tested, also this plugin works only with SSL enabled domains.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Quick question about the Audio Recorder plugin - does it work with auto-binding? Or does auto-binding option appear by default in Bubble since the recorder is an input?

It shows up as an option, I’ve changed my privacy settings to enable auto-binding on the parent’s data type. But still not able to auto-bind.

As a workaround, I’m using the workflow 1. recorder is uploaded, 2. make change to an item (add recorder URL), but auto-binding would be helpful for my use case if it were possible. Thanks for the great plugin! LOVE the ability to record on iOS and mobile devices!

Hello @chris28, thank you for your message, and thanks for using our plugin :hugs:

Please allow us to double check with our Dev team regarding the auto-binding option inside the plugin’s element. We will investigate the case and see if there is a way to help you out by updating the plugin accordingly.

Once there will be any updates, we will post a message in this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team