Autofill choices in dropdown dynamically

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it’s possible to autofill choices in a drop-down based on choices made for a previous drop-down?

The use case is to fill the working hours of a business,

If a business works from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, it would mostly follow the same timings for the entire week. So if someone fills in choices for Monday and clicks on a check box that applies to all, I would like for all dropdown choices to choose the same timings.

Been sitting on this for quite some time and hope the community can suggest a solution.

Hi there, @gautamkrishna09… I believe one way you can do what you have described is by using custom states. You could have two custom states, one for the start time and one for the end time, and you would set the Default value of the start time dropdowns for Tuesday through Sunday to the start time custom state and the end time dropdowns to the end time custom state. Then, when the checkbox is clicked, you would run a workflow that sets the start time custom state to Monday’s start time and the end time custom state to Monday’s end time, and the rest of the dropdowns would update because their default values are tied to the custom states.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like