Autofill Form Help

I have searched the forum and haven’t been able to find a straighforward solution to my problem.

I am building a business application and need a form that will retrieve the personal information of existing clients and autopopulate all of the data into the appropriate fields: Last Name, First Name, Street, City, etc.

I see where the search box can be used, but it only allows filtering by a single field. So if I search for the client’s name and there is more than one person with that last name I can’t select the desired client. It does give me a choice, but no first name is listed. Furthermore, If I select the one that says, “Smith (1)” then the last name is filled with the name followed by (1). (see screenshots)

This is a very common need in business forms, so I’m guessing somebody has figured out and easy way to do this.

Anybody?

hey @docflash

You could make it work by creating a custom search, using an input field, a focus group and a RG (the RG would display Clients inside the focus group)

Thanks for the reply. Could you give me a brief example? And would I be able to select the choice in the RG and have it auto-populate all the fields. I built the one in the YouTube video, " Building an Auto-Complete Search Feature on Bubble.is" by Coaching No Code Apps, but it doesn’t allow you to select anything in the RG.

Thanks.

That’s the one you want. What it does when a cell in the RG is clicked is up to the workflows you build along with it. You might need a custom state on the page as well.

1. Build a workflow like when Group (cell) is clicked → set state to Current cell’s User’s unique_id
  2. Assuming your form is of type User, put a conditional on the form group to Search for User constrained with unique_id = page’s state
  3. The fields’ values could then be Parent group User’s field (first name, last name…)