I am not sure what the proper process is for submitting a sponsored feature request, so I will share it here.
We need the ability to allow a workflow that automates the process of creating a sub app as well as setting+verifying a sub-domain URL with SSL dynamically. We would generate the new sub-domain in Cloudflare using the API connector. I would imagine that because we have verified the same primary domain in Bubble previously with custom A Records it would be seamless to continue adding new subdomains dynamically without much delay.
More specifically the end user process would go as follows:
- Person hits landing page of primary app
- Signs up for an account
- Verifies customer payment info with Stripe
- Asked to set a custom subdomain at *******.domain.com
- Workflow checks database if subdomain is taken -> if available, continue
- Sub-app is created from main branch
- Sub-app domain settings from earlier are applied
- Cloudflare API generates new A Record for *******.domain.com
- SSL enabled and verified
- New user in sub-app is created based on user info and stripe settings created in step 2 (we want to collect payment from people before dynamically generating the suddomain, at least we prefer to. This is not mandatory and we can imagine a scenario where a person signs up for Stripe AFTER the subddomain is generated and SSL approved and new user account is generated in the subapp)
- Ability to start using the sub-app and can share a live URL for other people to access as soon as we manually create new API keys for the plugins in use
Looking forward to hearing more about this process. This is a critical step for us to enable a scalable sales process for our sub-app access.
As I mentioned above, I am interested in sponsoring this feature. My deadline for something like this is late March and am willing to pay right away to build this kind of solution and welcome anyone else to chip in to make it happen. I am also interested in hiring a Bubble developer for the Cloudflare API connector process if the Bubble team does not handle these types of requests.