Automatic Custom State

Hello:
I would like to know how I can make a status change automatically when a registered user accesses a certain page.

I explain:

I have a page where users can log in to access various functionalities, including creating a chat.

What I want to achieve is that when a certain logged-in user accesses those chats, the default Custom State changes to another one previously created automatically without having to press any button.

If there is a way to do it, I would like to know how.

Thank you

Using the database would be a very good solution for this.

Once the custom state changes, save the text/data to a field on the Current User.
On page load, change the custom state depending on the above mentioned field.

This would feel like an automatic change, and the user would not need to press anything.

No matter what the user is going to have to press a button to access the chat. Since that is the case, you can use that same button press workflow trigger to change the custom state.

If you are, which I doubt, allowing a user to access a chat directly through a URL and so to access the chat, they may not press a button, but instead just navigate to the URL, then run a workflow trigger on page load with conditions based on the URL data related to the specific chat, and in that trigger run the workflow action to change the custom state.

You would not however want to run additional workflow actions to save data to the User data type unnecessarily as that will just cause you to use more WUs than is necessary.

1 Like