Automatically go to next page after logging in

Hi guys,

I want visitors have access to a new page when pressing on a “Submit” button only if they’re logged in. This means that if they’re not logged in and press on the “Submit” button, the login popup will be open and they will log in. My problem is that after that, I don’t want the users need to press again on the “Submit” button, but to automatically make they visit the next page.

I’ve tried some tricks in the middle, as changing the name of the button to “Login to submit” if the user is not logged in and “Submit” if the user is logged in, but of course, this is not avoiding the additional step of pressing again in a button.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you need a conditional statement.

1 Like

Thanks @davidyjackson! Indeed, I’m using a conditional statement now, but like this one:

• If the user is logged and presses on the button, (s)he goes to the next page.
  • Else (the user is not logged in and press on the button), the login popup is displayed.

What I want now is:

• If the user is logged and presses on the button, (s)he goes to the next page.
  • Else (the user is not logged in and press on the button), the login popup is displayed AND once the user is logged in, (s)he automatically goes to the next page.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

You will need to set 3 different workflows:

1 workflow for when user clicks on button, with a condition for when the user is logged in, navigate to the next page.

A separate workflow for, if a user is not logged in, display the log in pop up element.

Aaaaand add another step to the workflow on the pop up login element, to navigate to next page when the log in button is clicked. You can specify the data that you want to send.

For better practice.If you can, personally I would have the sign up/log in step appear before any submission form or button is displayed. This would lead the user through a more smooth set up steps.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @james.durham! I will try your steps, but it seems it can work perfectly! Thanks again! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.