☁️ AWS File Uploader No File Size Limit- New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, @oli1
Thanks for adding us as collaborators to your application.

Please note that you didn’t receive the Height and Width of the uploaded file for the incorrect state:

Currently, you are using Number but should use the FileUploader Height and FileUploader Width states, which were created precisely for receiving this data:

Now, when you will upload an image, you will receive both variables:

Please try it and let us know about your result.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,
Yes I’m using Number, but it refers to the parent group that I am loading with the value of the width/height which is a number, so it should work. I’m also posting it to the console, which also doesn’t work.

File Uploader’s Images Width/Height is a “List” of numbers not a number, so I can’t assign that to a state or use it without using :first item, but that doesn’t work as detailed in my debugging.

You are outputting a list to the screen, you’re not using the actual value. What I need is information on how to get the numeric value. I don’t need to output it to the screen - that’s for test/debugging. I need access to the numeric value. Can you please provide detailed instructions on how to do that please? It’s tough waiting 24hrs for each back and forth.

If you look at the latest version, in the workflow, I am assigning Images Width:first-item to a custom state in the “Fileuploader is finished” event. Then I output that to the console. It outputs the wrong numbers. How do I get the correct number (as a number, not a list)? I believe I’m doing it correctly.

Again, to reiterate, outputting the list of numbers to the screen isn’t useful, I need to extract the exact value of Width and Height and assign them to something. It would be most helpful if instead of outputting to the screen as you did, you change the workflow I have and fix it so the custom state receives the correct values.

Make sense?
Thank you

It seems to me that the problem is that the “Fileuploader uploading is finished” event in the workflow doesn’t have access to the info at the right time. I need access to the values in a workflow, not displayed to the screen (as the output to screen shows the values when it has them, but the event doesn’t seem to have them).

Hello, @oli1
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Now, the idea is more clear for us :pray:

Sorry for waiting, but we always try to provide our feedback on the user’s request as soon as possible. Sometimes is needed more time to define an exact issue.

We analyzed your application once again and indeed, the “FileUploader uploading is finished” receives information about image height\width a bit later.
We need to push the plugin’s update in order to fix it. Since it can take some time, we would like to propose you this workaround:

Also, in your “Set state” action, you should use not First Item, but the Last Item:

By implementing all these changes, you will receive each file’s Height and Width immediately:

Additionally, we need to note that currently, our plugin doesn’t retrieve the Width and Height of the single file, but deals only with a List. But, your solution should be convenient for you.

Please check our changes, test when and let us know about the result.
Once the plugin will be updated, we will definitely let you know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, I tried your solution, but it didn’t work. In fact when you upload a file with the “Fileuploader” it adds meta data.
Here is a picture of the meta data:

When I then try to retrieve the data on pgadmin this error message is displayed:
NOTICE: Attempting to validate pre-signed URL. 61 attempt(s) remaining. CURL error code 2 with message Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings…
NOTICE: Attempting to validate pre-signed URL. 61 attempt(s) remaining. CURL error code 1 with message Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings…
NOTICE: Attempting to validate pre-signed URL. 61 attempt(s) remaining. CURL error code 0 with message Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings…

ERROR:  Unable to generate pre-signed url, look at engine log for details.
CONTEXT:  SQL function "table_import_from_s3" statement 1

But when I delete this meta data by hand, everything works as it should.
Did you have any idea how to solve my problem please,

Thanks in advance,
Cordially,

Hello, @ahrtemis
Thanks for reaching out.

Allow us to highlight that our plugin is just a tool for uploading files from your Bubble Application to your AWS Bucket. Fortunately, in case of correct settings, it works properly.

Can you please describe the reason for retrieving the pre-signed URL?
In case you are willing to Grand temporary access to some of the files, let us know and we will check if it is possible with the current plugin’s version.

Also, we need to see how exactly you are retrieving the Meta Data of the files, this share screenshot of your current settings for the plugin element and this action.

We are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you!
That will work for now - although there is still some random inconsistency in general where certain files don’t produce any meta info, which is frustrating (and I have no idea why).

Looking forward to the plugin update.
Thanks again!

1 Like

The problem with orientation portrait photo pressist. The portrait photo are rotated 90º.
Tested with iphone and Android.
Pulgin version 1.97

Hello, @pintonuno
Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please share with us the link for your previewed application ( so we will be able to check it on your side).
Actually, this issue could be related not to the plugin, but to your device.

However, we need to mention that it depends on the Phone default configurations.
Every image file has metadata property. If the metadata specifies the orientation of the image which is generally ignored by other OS. Most of the images taken are having their metadata property set to the right angle. So iOS shows it 90 degrees rotated manner.

Additionally to all mentioned above, please allow us to provide you with this tutorial, that can be useful for your case:

W are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,
With other plugins and with the bubble plugin picture uploader this don’t happens, in same devices, it’s only with yours plugin. I don’t know how to handle with this :unamused:

Hello, @pintonuno
We are sorry to hear that.

As it was noted earlier, the most probable reason for this issue - is the metatags of the images, uploaded from the specific devices.
However, it could be reproduced only on some devices.

In order to check your issue on our side, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello! There seems to be a bug where if you put any spaces in the filenames prefix, then you will be unable to open the link. This is only an issue with the AWS link generated by the plugin, since taking the url from the bucket and attempting to open it in the browser works fine.

This is especially an issue since dynamic data can be put into the file names prefix.

Hi @projectmuse.dev,
Thank you for your message and for reporting this issue.

We have carefully checked it and it looks like the prefix is doubling only when the Folder Structure is set to folder_name/filename, for other Folder Structure, the link is generated properly.

We’ve passed this to the dev team for additional research, once any news will become available we will let you know.
In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to help.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hello, @emaclassificados.

Glad to let you know that we have implemented your feature request. :tada:
Now you can use the “Fileuploader GUI added max files limit and event ‘file limit exceeded’” event to track the set file upload limit:

You can check its work on the plugin demo page:
https://zeroqode-demo-02.bubbleapps.io/aws-uploader/1663147159234x905701775932681300?aws_switch=gui

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hello! This is odd, but it seems the uploader is having issues uploading files on mobile. The last version that works for me is 1.98.0

While I can upload from my phone’s photo library, I cannot upload from my files library. I am on an iPhone 13 on the latest iOS and it does not work on any browser.

I only have this issue on mobile, and only for files that are not photo or video. And finally, only on plugin versions after 1.98.0.

1.98.0 can upload any type of file from my phone.

Hi @projectmuse.dev,
Thank you for your message.

We’ve carefully checked you’re inquiry and tested the plugin live demo page on an iOS device.
Everything is working when using an iOS device, we do have access to the files library, photo library, etc.
Please check our live demo page which uses the last version of the plugin (Version 1.101.0) and see if the same issue appears.

Would it be convenient for your to share a screen recording with the mentioned issue and send it to us?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,

Hi, so after a little further digging, the uploader is uploading and the zeroqode test page works, however, what is not activating on my application is the “when AWS Uploading is finished” action.

Since this action is working on previous working versions of the plugin (I am changing nothing but the plugin version) could you try this on your end? See the specifics of the conditions in my previous post.

Best regards

I have a weird anomaly with this plugin. Actually two:

1. The event “when upload finished” triggers multiple times (3) even though there is just one file
  2. Element state “uploaded filename and URL” are both empty. List of names and URLs has data.

Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Hello, @quantumind
Thanks for reporting your issue.

In order to investigate this case and define an exact issue within your application or plugin’s code, we need to see how exactly our plugin is set in your application.

We need to note that both states are working properly on our side and we can receive information.

Thus, we kindly ask you to share the screenshots of your settings and a description of each your step.

We are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello,

i have a use case where I need 2 différents AWS S3 depending users. Is there a way to do that ?
Thanks for the feedback.
Mickael