☁️ AWS File Uploader No File Size Limit- New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, @AlexK
Thanks for the details.

We apologize for the inconvenience you faced with this plugin :pray:
The only solution for this case is to make a plugin improvement, in the context of which the plugin’s library will be triggered only on the page on which the element of this plugin is placed.

I’m afraid that we can’t completely eliminate the SDK library within the AWS File Uploader Plugin.

We completely understand your feeling in the occurred situation and will consider improvement in the nearest time. We will notify you once it will be ready.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @AlexK

By this message, we would like to notify you that we have upgraded the AWS File Uploader plugin. Now, the SDK library will be triggered only on the page, where is placed the plugin’s element. So, the speed of the page load will be considerably higher.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,
I am looking for a way to disable the uploader in some particular situations. Any idea on how I can accomplish this? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello, @clunnity
Thanks for your question.

In order to provide you an exact answer and a possible solution, we need to understand an exact scenario. Thus, please let us know more about cases when you are willing to disable the uploader :pray:

Looking to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I just bought your plugin and I have this bug on my Android S8 phone: the preview makes my original image “flattened”. I don’t have this bug on my laptop thought. How can I solve this? I tried multiple things in your plugin settings bu I couldn’t fix it.

Can you help? Thanks!

from original image:

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport !

Do you have any solution to work with database versioning of bubble: ie. Version test x Version live?

Let’s say each of my users have one profile picture which is uploaded on my S3 bucket. If I delete the user’s profile picture (file in my s3 bucket) using my development environment, it’s going to impact my live environment database as well.

What can I do to use my development environment without impacting my live database using my s3 bucket?

Thanks!

Hello, @reallyreallywant.app
Thanks for using our plugin.

Please allow us to provide a few details on each of your requests.

In case you see the right displaying of the uploaded photo on the Desktop version of the plugin, the reason for image compression is your Responsive settings.
Please make sure that you have configured the Responsive design on your side here:

Usually, the users of the platform use, not the development version, but the live version. However, this depends on your decision regarding it.

This is done as follows: you create an app on the Development version, deploy it to the Live version and provide the access to your users to the published version.
If your users delete any information from their profile, for example, on the development version ( so, the data is deleted from the dev. Database), the changes will be applied on the Live version only in case, if you will Deploy the current version to Live:

Thus, there is no automatic impact on your DataBase.

Hope this information will help you!
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport Thank you for your reply.

As for the dev/live data. I think you didn’t get my point. I’ll try to be more specific with an example.

1- My user (on the live version) upload their profile picture. It is saved in my s3 bucket.
Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 11.33.08

2- I want to test things on the development version (trying to fix bugs for instance). So I copy data from live to development before doing it.

3- My data copied in development version, I want to test things on my development version. I can’t use the workflows that affect my s3 bucket since my s3 bucket is deployed on both my development and live versions.

4- My use case: if I use the “delete profile picture” on my development environment, the “delete file” action will delete the file in my s3 bucket. Therefore, the image won’t be available anymore for the development AND the live version.

Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 11.34.01

“Delete file” actions will therefore delete the file for both development AND live versions. Do you get me now?

One solution is to duplicate files in my s3 bucket: upload a “development file” and a “live file” but it’s going to double everything I store in my s3 bucket…

Another solution is to never use the “delete file” actions… But if I never user them, I’m going to get a lot of files that are not needed by my users in my s3 bucket AND I shall not be compliant with regulations as we can’t store data forever.

Another solution is to create multiple workflows for development version and live version. On development, it shouldn’t “delete files” (just erase the url, not the file), whereas on live version, it should. But it’s a painful work to do as for workflows management. (But I guess it’s the best solution there is)

Edit: I just saw/remembered I can use a development bucket and a live bucket from your plugin settings. I’m not used to fill different keys in plugins settings, so I didn’t think about it. I’m sorry I bothered :zipper_mouth_face:

Edit: I’ve created a development bucket but it’s still a bit complicated to make the “Copy Live data to the development database” useful for debug/tests purposes. Luckily, I found a way to make changes between Live/Dev Bubble database and Live/Dev buckets database.

Thanks!

@ZeroqodeSupport

In case you see the right displaying of the uploaded photo on the Desktop version of the plugin, the reason for image compression is your Responsive settings .
Please make sure that you have configured the Responsive design on your side here:

Sorry, I didn’t mention that the bug appears one out of a few preview tries: sometimes the preview is fine, sometimes the preview is bugged. So it’s not that I don’t have a responsive design. It comes from either the plugin, either my phone, either ma Android version, either Chrome, I don’t know. In any case, I didn’t change the css of your preview mode. So I have no clue what could make that bug happen.

Thanks!

@reallyreallywant.app
Happy to hear that you rolled it out by yourself :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:

Unfortunately, we are unable to test or fix an issue you have while it is not possible to reproduce it on (our/your) side/app.
We need to understand which steps you are performing before the wrong displaying of the image. The possible reason can be even your screen resolution. :pray:

In case you will face any difficulty during your work with this plugin - please let us know.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

Thanks for your reply!

I made tests and I found that it has to do with image orientation.

I took 2 pictures of my hand.

This first one: I hold my phone in portrait mode

The second one: I hold my phone in landscape mode

When I upload the portrait one, I have this preview, and this saved image:

As for the picture taken in horizontal mode:

Thanks for these details.

Please allow us to mention that the occurred situation depends not on the plugin functionality, but on the phone and your image metatags.

When you turn around your phone to take pictures or change its mode, the light strikes the camera sensor on the orientation as you hold the phone. The camera app does not save images turned as you see them on the screen, but it just flags them with the current EXIF orientation data from the orientation sensor.

This information is interpreted by your gallery app to show the image accordingly, but a browser ignores it and shows the pictures as they were taken by the perspective of the sensor.

You can turn and save the pictures according to the EXIF data on a server with imagemagick auto-orient

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

Thanks for your reply! Makes sense.

I have a request, if it’s that something possible: can you add a feature to automatically get a thumbnail for uploaded videos?

I use your video player plugin and it already has a field to add a poster, but we have to already have an image to fill in. When a user uploads a video, they don’t have a thumbnail ready. It would be nice to automatically get an image from an uploaded video as thumbnail, so when I use your video player plugin, I can dynamically add a poster-thumbnail from the uploaded video.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Please allow us to mention that you can enable a Thumbnail for images by pressing this checkbox:

As for the video, please allow us to discuss about this feature with our team and to revert with an update.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport ! seems the plugin documentation link is broken.

any news about this @levon ?

Hello, @Sarah_Esteve
Thanks for reporting this issue.

We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience, but supporting document unavailability is related to recent maintenance on the Gitbook (where we host our docs): Planned Maintenance: October - GitBook's Blog

We will check what has been changed, and when the documentation will become available again, we will definitely let you know.

Please accept our apologies :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Reading EXIF Orientation And Auto-Orienting Images Using GraphicsMagick And Lucee CFML 5.2.9.31 for detailed tech explain on the ““auto-orientation”” issue on photos / EXIF meta.

1 Like

Reading EXIF Orientation And Auto-Orienting Images Using GraphicsMagick And Lucee CFML 5.2.9.31 for detailed tech explain on the ““auto-orientation”” issue on photos / EXIF meta.

@rowntreerob Thank you for this link!

@ZeroqodeSupport Would it be possible for you to add this script used in this article Reading EXIF Orientation And Auto-Orienting Images Using GraphicsMagick And Lucee CFML 5.2.9.31 so we don’t have the issue I’m having with EXIF Orientations? I would implement it on my side but I’m too bad at coding to do it on my own.

Thanks!

Thanks! Keep me posted on this :slight_smile:

1 Like